Catholic blog names

  • Thread starter Thread starter Stephentlig
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stephentlig

Guest
I’ve been reading about the Canon for naming ones blog and site etc etc. Can. 216 Since they participate in the mission of the Church, all the Christian faithful have the right to promote or sustain apostolic action even by their own undertakings, according to their own state and condition. Nevertheless, no undertaking is to claim the name Catholic without the consent of competent ecclesiastical authority.

Now, my blog doesn’t use the name ‘‘Catholic’’ at all but my blog is called ‘‘Vatican Mouse’’. Does this fall into the category of calling it Catholic?

 
Thanks Bartholomew you make a good point, but if I were to keep the name, would it suggest I’m breaking the canon as it doesn’t have the name ‘‘Catholic’’ yet has a name that would allude to it. I don’t know, I’m torn on it.
 
Sorry, I don’t know the answer to your question about canon law. We have one or two specialists here at CAF who can give you an authoritative answer on that point.
 
One of them is called, helpfully, @acanonlawyer. Just posting this here will send him a notification about it. I don’t remember offhand any of the other names, since canon law isn’t a subject I’ve ever needed to know much about.
 
Last edited:
Does this fall into the category of calling it Catholic?
My opinion, practically meaningless as it is, is that it does not fall in to that category. The safest corse of action would be to put a call in to your own diocese’s chancery, ask to be connected with the proper person, and present the question.

Dan
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top