S
Sister_Scribe
Guest
I am on the only Catholic in my family, having come in to full communion with Holy Mother Church.
How do I ensure I receive a Catholic burial?
How do I ensure I receive a Catholic burial?
Make a living will.I am on the only Catholic in my family, having come in to full communion with Holy Mother Church.
How do I ensure I receive a Catholic burial?
You do have family? Friends that would honor and carry out your wishes?Thank you for that, StrawberryJam. A living will only covers to the point of death. A will distributes my property…
I want to know my wishes concerning where my remains are placed will not be violated.
My priest says to to trust in God and hope for the best.
I think IMHO after you told this to the priest, and the hospital gives you the paperwork they now require to release your information of stay there to your parish, he should have a duty and obligation to honor your wishes at this point. (for last rites/holy unction?) and worst case… what you speak of here…I spent a long time with my priest on this.
I have no one, and next of kin are hostile to the Catholic Church.
There is a health concern, I have cancelled any further tests (including biopsy) until I can get my head around this one.
God loves me.
The preist says go ahead with the surgery and have faith in God.
My path says look after the spiritual first, and have faith in God. If I lose my life in the process, it would only be the body that dies after all…I’d just like some say in where it goes.
Thank you for your kind words.
She can even do this (have a Mass said) now, while alive I am told! Great idea!You may be able to arrange yourself with your priest for him to say Mass for your repose.
As an attorney, I would suggest that you get with a good estate attorney. Have him draft you a good will in which you direct that your executor is to make sure that you are given a Catholic burial. In this matter, take the decision making out of your family’s hands and in the hands of a executor (a good friend or some other trusted person) who will follow your wishes.I am on the only Catholic in my family, having come in to full communion with Holy Mother Church.
How do I ensure I receive a Catholic burial?
I would talk with a lawyer. I’m sure there is a legal document that can be drawn up that specifies to what funeral home your body goes and you can make arrangements with them ahead of time including the funeral, church, and burial (pre-purchased). Make sure that your pastor knows what is in the document.I am on the only Catholic in my family, having come in to full communion with Holy Mother Church.
How do I ensure I receive a Catholic burial?
What a beautiful and thoughtful answer, thank you.You said you recently came into full communion, how about appointing your sponsor as your executor and discussing this with him/her? Then make your funeral arrangements with the funeral home and the Church – funeral homes love it when things are “Pre-planned” (how can you plan before you plan???) It sounds morbid but people do that all the time so that their loved ones don’t have to deal with details once they die.
How can we be sure anything we want will happen. Not my will but thine be done.
I can’t speak for Hilde, nor will I attempt to. When I read her post, I thought firstly of the many christians either baptised or not yet, who died and had no choice over arrangements and that we can look to them at times like this now in the sense that if no one can insure what is designated to be “proper” God takes over, I suppose, in his mercy and I presume his love for his child.So what I’m hearing is it’s not important. Why even have burial rites? Those who cannot get them although it is their will, are they then second class citizens?? I ask that in a spirt of disheartenment.
I went on the Vatican website, read the Canon Law in this area, and will continue to keep this one in the back of my mind.
Medical procedures will continue to be on hold while I get some exercise for my faith.
Hilde, you did not intend to be cold, but the ice was dripping from the quick quipl. Thank you for taking the time to respond.