T
TickledPink
Guest
So…
I was born in n strong Catholic country and lived there for 9 years, after that moved to a strong Protestant country, so my elementary education was in a strict girls Catholic School and secondary eduation was in a mixed vaguely protestant school! Talk about confusing… I had know idea who believed what and what I believed either! To add to that mix my mother is catholic and my dad is protestant!
I’ve only been in the USA 3 years and love it, and since living here and definately become much more aware of my beliefs and faith. I am Catholic and I believe in almost everything the Church teaches… and as for the things I may not agree with… well they are small issues and could simply be from lack of understanding.
Since I was in a Catholic elementary school I took my communion,but never took my confirmation as I had changed countries and my parents very rarely took us to Church. I never even knew I hadn’t taken it!!
Now has come to the time in my life when I am 22 years old and I am relizing what I am missing! I don’t feel Catholic!! I know that my boyfriend is going to propose soon and I want to raise our family Catholic (Even if children are a long ways off) ! Even though he is “only Christian” he also wants our children to be Catholic! (Possible convert… yeah I think so!!
)
So my question are these:
I was born in n strong Catholic country and lived there for 9 years, after that moved to a strong Protestant country, so my elementary education was in a strict girls Catholic School and secondary eduation was in a mixed vaguely protestant school! Talk about confusing… I had know idea who believed what and what I believed either! To add to that mix my mother is catholic and my dad is protestant!
I’ve only been in the USA 3 years and love it, and since living here and definately become much more aware of my beliefs and faith. I am Catholic and I believe in almost everything the Church teaches… and as for the things I may not agree with… well they are small issues and could simply be from lack of understanding.
Since I was in a Catholic elementary school I took my communion,but never took my confirmation as I had changed countries and my parents very rarely took us to Church. I never even knew I hadn’t taken it!!
Now has come to the time in my life when I am 22 years old and I am relizing what I am missing! I don’t feel Catholic!! I know that my boyfriend is going to propose soon and I want to raise our family Catholic (Even if children are a long ways off) ! Even though he is “only Christian” he also wants our children to be Catholic! (Possible convert… yeah I think so!!
So my question are these:
- How do make my confirmation… do I have to take it with a load of high schoolers?
- Am I considered Catholic even if I have not made it?
- Am I able to even get married in the Catholic Church and raise my family Catholic without having a confirmation?
- And MOST IMPORTANTLY what is a confirmation? What is the purpose of us having one?
- Does the Bible say we need it or is it just Church tradition?