Catholic Charismatic Friendly Discussions

• Thread starter Thread starter robertaf
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
R

robertaf

Greetings,

I am hoping to start this thread on the Charismatic Renewal that will be positive and uplifting. A place where Charismatics and non-Charismatics can come and share in a friendly and chatty manner.

It is not meant to be a forum for debate or whether you like the Charismatic Renewal or not. If that is your plan, it would be far better to open a thread for just that.

COME HOLY SPIRIT, FILL THE HEARTS OF YOUR PEOPLE!
THE GREATEST GIFT IS LOVE.

Maybe some of you would like to know that the flyer and application for the SCRC (Southern California Renewal Communities) Convention is out. If you are interested go to www.scrc.org.
I have made my hotel reservations and can hardly wait.

If you have not attended this, it is a wonderful experience.
Check it out.

Is there some type of “Life of the Spirit” web site, that gives information about when this course will be offered at a particular parish?

A larger town near our parish had a great Charismatic group. They would have regular healing Masses and I really enjoyed when this group came to our church to celebrate the liturgy. I have not heard from them for some time. We have a Charismatic group that has a weekly prayer service in Spanish only. My Spanish is limited. Has there been a down swing of these groups like everything else or are they still alive and well?

World`s largest Catholic Charismatic center is in Kerala, India, where retreat is held in seven languages. Please visit. drcm.org/

In Christ,
selvaraj

Deacon Tony560:
A larger town near our parish had a great Charismatic group. They would have regular healing Masses and I really enjoyed when this group came to our church to celebrate the liturgy. I have not heard from them for some time. We have a Charismatic group that has a weekly prayer service in Spanish only. My Spanish is limited. Has there been a down swing of these groups like everything else or are they still alive and well?
I’m getting ready to move, and am already checking out churches in the new area. I have noticed that too, that the charismatic grousp tend to be Spanish-only. where I live Catholic church ptions are very limited - there is only one in the county, and its charismatic group is also only in Spanish. Most of the masses are in Spanish as well. I am very eager to move, and can’t wait. I hope that once I am there I will have better luck at finding something.

But it does seem that the rebirth of the charismatic communities in many Catholci parishes has been attributed to immigrants coming from other countries that have been traditionally bastions of Catholicism (primarily from South and Central America but also from some African countries) but in recent years have lost many members to the influx of Prostestants who have charismatic sevices.

40.png
robertaf:
Greetings,

I am hoping to start this thread on the Charismatic Renewal that will be positive and uplifting. A place where Charismatics and non-Charismatics can come and share in a friendly and chatty manner.

It is not meant to be a forum for debate or whether you like the Charismatic Renewal or not. If that is your plan, it would be far better to open a thread for just that.

COME HOLY SPIRIT, FILL THE HEARTS OF YOUR PEOPLE!
THE GREATEST GIFT IS LOVE.
Hello all. Can I ask please that you all pray for me?
Thank you.

Misericordie,
I promise to pray for you. In fact, tomorrow night is our Prayer Meeting, and I will put you in prayer there, I plan a fast this week, I will offer that fast for you and I will lift you up in Communion. Ya don’g get a lot better than that.
However, I will do one more thing. My adopted Patron Saint is St. Martin de Porres, I will ask him to join me in these prayers.

Lord, starting right now, I lift up Miseridordie to you for your healing touch and your abundant Blessings. I ask you to touch him in every cell of his being and every corner of his life and Bless him.

St Martin de Porres, please pray for this internet friend.

Amen

I’d like to get better acquainted with Catholic Charismatics. The problem is that before my conversion I spent several years in the Protestant charismatic circle. Both my husband and I are still “burned” by some of the events we experienced in that milieu. I do still believe in the gifts, but more on a careful, theoretical level than a practical and interactive one. I hope one day to come into true charismatic worship and be confident that the “fluff” is a thing of the past.

Greetings,

I am glad you are here asking questions.

Let me give you a little information on what the Core Group for our new Charismatic Prayer group in our Parish is committing to.

First of all we are committing to pray for each other and for all the folks coming to the Prayer Group AND our Parish a minimum of 15 minutes each day. We will fast once a week, probably on Friday. We will go to Confession at least once a month. We will spend time in the Adoration room at least once a week and for a visit before Prayer Group and Core Group meetings. We will attend Mass (where job and kids permit) AT LEAST one extra time each week besides Sundays.

We are a Sacrament centered, Catholic Prayer Group with a strong focus on Jesus in the Holy Eucharist. Since our Parish is Our Lady of Mercy, we will beg her prayers at all times.

We have one of our Priests in the Parish as our Pastoral leader, he will conduct Charismatic Mass at least once a month. He will also be active in the Prayer Group where his Pastoral Gifts and discernment will guide us.

None of the Core Group was willing to go on with a Charismatic Prayer Group without Pastoral participation. God heard us and made sure this would happen.

How does this sound to you?

40.png
robertaf:
Greetings,

I am glad you are here asking questions.

Let me give you a little information on what the Core Group for our new Charismatic Prayer group in our Parish is committing to.

First of all we are committing to pray for each other and for all the folks coming to the Prayer Group AND our Parish a minimum of 15 minutes each day. We will fast once a week, probably on Friday. We will go to Confession at least once a month. We will spend time in the Adoration room at least once a week and for a visit before Prayer Group and Core Group meetings. We will attend Mass (where job and kids permit) AT LEAST one extra time each week besides Sundays.

We are a Sacrament centered, Catholic Prayer Group with a strong focus on Jesus in the Holy Eucharist. Since our Parish is Our Lady of Mercy, we will beg her prayers at all times.

We have one of our Priests in the Parish as our Pastoral leader, he will conduct Charismatic Mass at least once a month. He will also be active in the Prayer Group where his Pastoral Gifts and discernment will guide us.

None of the Core Group was willing to go on with a Charismatic Prayer Group without Pastoral participation. God heard us and made sure this would happen.

Sounds like The Lord has blessed you in abundance. Thanks be to God. 🙂

I have been surrounded by the “Charismatic Renewal” since the age of 11, but left the Church entirely at the age of 14. I underwent a deep conversion at the age of 18 & up until about 2 years ago did I serve the Church as a choir director & assistant youth minister. I left the Church yet again, only to return just before this past Easter & coming to join this site.

I am still hoping to find a prayer group to attend & share my gift of music, but all the English prayer groups have fizzled out as of late. I speak Spanish, although not as well as I should. We’ll see what the Lord has in store for me. :yup:

I will be attending the Knights of Columbus mens retreat this weekend at El Carmelo in Redlands, CA. It’s a Carmelite retreat center, but they do allow us to hold a “healing service” after mass on Saturday nights. I’m really looking forward to it, I haven’t been in the past 2 years.

Does anybody know if there are any CCR groups active in Kentucky?

I also didn’t know that Fr. Groeschel’s order was charismatic. I never knew what the letters meant. I just love his books and listening to him speak.

Are the Life on the Rock priests also a charismatic group?

Thanks, Paula

I believe and have been involved in the Charismatic Movement. I have been following a few threads of interest, and found that most of them, not all, have ended in a lock out. This concerns me, so i choose to say nothing about this because i want this one to continue. I wish i had one near me, and lastly, could you pray for me and the fear i experience here as a new member, wanting to share, but unwilling to share right now.

Roberta didn’t start this with the intent of it being an opinion poll, so hopefully it won’t turn into one.

I think the info some of the charismatics have shared is very interesting and I am really amazed by the scope of the CCR and how many people are involved with it.

I hope you will feel comfortable to share with us soon. Welcome to the chat. Paula
40.png
TheRam:
I believe and have been involved in the Charismatic Movement. I have been following a few threads of interest, and found that most of them, not all, have ended in a lock out. This concerns me, so i choose to say nothing about this because i want this one to continue. I wish i had one near me, and lastly, could you pray for me and the fear i experience here as a new member, wanting to share, but unwilling to share right now.

Give this a try. franciscansisterscfr.com/

Looks like a very interesting order. Are you discerning a vocation? Did you check out the site above on the retreat center in India. I bet there is an order affiliated with those priests too.

Hope that helps. Paula
40.png
serendipity:
Does any one know of any Charismatic orders for women?

Yes, I am discerning a vocation. I’ve written much about that beofroe, so I won’t post much here. Student loans are quite an obstable at the moment.

I found that web site through Groeschel’s web site last night, but thank you for posting it. I am going to try to talk to some one there today, but I am worried that I will not be freee of the laons by the time I reach 35, their maximum age to enter. I love the photos on that web site. Every looks so sincere and so sincerely happy.

OK, breathe …my most devine interests are in self discipline. In this, i believe that i will become a better parent leading my children. They need my strength, it is my duty to learn what i can, and teach in love. I am amazed by the simplicity of the fransciscan order in the world, and know only from tales. It seems to place me in awe with the discipline they have. It must bring them so very close to god doing this. The closest i have felt spiritually is the time i spent with a carismatic group out of province. Nothing brought me closer since. I long for this closeness, aswell as self discipline. I am not going to choose a vocation in these avenues, but i believe i can better serve my children if given the tools to teach them how to live better. I was raised catholic, but to not question and except. I now do not have any tools, just opinion. I would like to rectify this. I pray this thread stays…Amen!

40.png
PJR:
Does anybody know if there are any CCR groups active in Kentucky?

I also didn’t know that Fr. Groeschel’s order was charismatic. I never knew what the letters meant. I just love his books and listening to him speak.

Are the Life on the Rock priests also a charismatic group?

Thanks, Paula
Hi Paula,

You can call you Rectory (or Diocesean office) and ask for the number of the Charismatic liason in your area.

I have an old directory (1997) which lists Rev. Louis Lipps (606-253-1993) as liason for Lexington. I have some others for Louisville and other cities, if you want.

I can look up prayer groups, if you want —the online directory is
National Service Committee–They just added a search page-

nsc-chariscenter.org/search.asp

This was the contact for Kentucky
Renewal Center
Diocese:

Lexington

Fr. Charles Howell

Address:

St. William Catholic Church
521 West Fifth St.
London, KY 40741

This record was last updated on 3/7/2005.

40.png
robertaf:

Wonderful!!! Absolutely wonderful.

The whole format is great, but I especially like the Pastoral participation. We are also involved in a conference, which is so important. We need community for many reasons, not the least of which being to keep everyone on the right focus.

How is it going?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back