Catholic Charismatic Friendly Discussions

• Thread starter Thread starter robertaf
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
You certainly may discuss and debate the topic within the rules and guidlines of the moderators.

However, I ask you to please do it in another thread.

This is not the place for it.

Greetings Church

***Wow! ***Only 2 weeks to SCRC Conference.
I hope you are all praying for everyone who will be there.

I received our packet this past week. We got all the workshops we requested. They are awesome.

**There is still time for folks to register and attend.
Two years ago, we were told this is the biggest Catholic Charismatic Conference in the English speaking world.
just go to www.scrc.org.
Check it out.

Greetings

I want to tell you that the SCRC Conference was just awesome.

I haven’t heard how many folks came out for it yet. I did hear that there was 2000 teenagers there. That is up from 400 just a few years ago. This is particularly significent, because they have also added a young adult group that was also full.

The workshops I attended and the ones my husband attended were just great. We went to two Leadership workshops that we learned a lot from. One was especially good, it was called, “Entering into His Presence”. It ended up being a wonderful training session on Praise and Worship. This was “without music and without tongues.” We worked on worshiping God in english, out loud for about 20 minutes. Sounds easy? Try it. Great things comes out of this, we found that out.

I will be happy to answer any questions if anyone should ask.

Deacon Tony560:
A larger town near our parish had a great Charismatic group. They would have regular healing Masses and I really enjoyed when this group came to our church to celebrate the liturgy. I have not heard from them for some time. We have a Charismatic group that has a weekly prayer service in Spanish only. My Spanish is limited. Has there been a down swing of these groups like everything else or are they still alive and well?
Hi there,

Have you ever thought of starting your own prayergroup. A prayergroup started in my Parish with 4 people and now is a growing prayergroup. And I’m in another prayergroup in our parish, in fact I’m in it’s coregroup. Somebody is thinking of starting a prayergroup in the Portuguese language. So my advise would be to take some initiative, at the beginning there would be a couple of people, maybe you would think that you don’t have musical gifts, you can invite people with certain gifts to help you. You can invite more people in your parish to attend, and your group will grow. You can even invite a group to start a meeting or help you to initiate one. (invite the group you mentioned).
But the important thing to do is to pray. Pray for your needs.
There is an open door in your parish to have a prayergroup in Spanish so there would be an opening to start an English speaking one and also to have Charismatic Masses. And you can ask the leaders of the Spanish speaking how they started, maybe they can also help you to start one in the English language.

You’ll do great, step out in faith and the Lord will not let you down.

(this is an advice also for others who post on this tread that would like to see a Charismatic prayergroup in their Parish. And are a lot of recoursed on the internet that can help you. And don’t be afraid to ask others to help you. God will help you, I’m convinced of that)

Again, pray, pray and pray.

God Bless you in all you do!

Andrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back