Like always, I thank you all for sharing your conversion story. Every time I see a thread like this, no matter how long it is, I read though it all. The feeling I get inside my soul is
indescribable. May the Holy Spirit continue to strengthen and guide you on your jurney.
jesus g
Same goes for me!! So heart warming and so enriching. I am a born catholic but entered a more profound conversion 30 years ago…
Reminds me of the Psalm,"…I shall make my boast in the Lord, the humble shall hear and be glad"…
Thank you all for your sharings.
There is only one I had some misgivings though… and as a brother has cautioned in this thread …
If we contracept and not willing to admit it in confession and be reconciled to the Church, we cannot receive the Lord, the greatest gift.
SEX IS NOT A PRIVATE MATTER. WE ARE ALSO GUIDED BY THE INFALLIBILITY OF CHURCH TEACHING IN THIS AREA. Pope Paul VI in Humanae Vitae, has some very encouraging advise on this issue.
This weakness, and it is a weakness, is very humbling as any weakness in this area is. And yet, we are called to take up arms as militants (we are the Church Militant are we not?), to fight the good fight. A struggle, I assure all, we will win the battle if we persevere in Faith and Hope and Love.!!! A GOOD CATHOLIC, IS SYNNONIMOUS WITH NATURAL FAMILY PLANNING! with all its accompanyment of struggles and fears and failures! The Confessional is our Hospital and Intensive Care Unit, all rolled in one. Im sure many will attest the great help it is in assisting us in growing in our struggles and failures; that we have broken with bad habits and grown in good ones in replacement.
“In your goodness, you will show favour to Zion, Rebuild the walls of Jerusalem.Then you will be pleased with lawful sacrifice, Holocaust offered on your altar.”(Psalm 51 )
We are the temples of the Holy Spirit, and when we destroy the temple by serious sin, like contraception or pornography, whatever is offered on the altar of our hearts is not acceptable to the Lord unless we repent and go to Confession.
. Thank you for your honesty and proclaiming the joy of the Lord in the bearing of your individual crosses…It gives me great consolation in the midst of my own cross in life.
A wonderful reminder of St Peter,“Christ suffered for you and left you an example to have you follow in His footsteps.”
“The suffering of the present are as nothing compared to the glory to be revealed in us at
the coming of the Lord.”(St Peter/St Paul)
Once again, my deepest gratitude for your sharings.
Yours in the Sacred Hearts
Kentcara2003(SSCC 3rd Order)