Catholic Dating Standards

  • Thread starter Thread starter CRATUS
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I guess nothing. Maybe I am just envious men do not have to settle.
I think that assumption is incorrect. How could you possibly know that?

You are making a false assumption and then having envy. That is not a good practice if you are striving toward holiness. Knowing and seeing it in yourself is the biggest hurdle to get over though! Taking envy to confession will start the grace flowing to rid you of that burden that you don’t need to carry any further. God bless and guide you today.
 
I am not explaining myself correcting. If a woman was a virgin at 26 and expected to marry her age or older who is still virgin like her, most people would tell her to be realistic with her standards. As for a man, it is still realistic.
How do you figure that the math on that equation works out? Assuming men are not having sex with one another then the average number of sexual partners will be that same for both men and women.

nytimes.com/2007/08/12/weekinreview/12kolata.html

It isn’t as if there are more women than men waiting for marriage, either. So how is it that you figure it is more realistic for a man to wait for a virgin? What seems more likely to me is that there is more of a stigma attached to women than to men so women tend to downplay, or lie about, their past sexual experience.
 
Assuming men are not having sex with one another then the average number of sexual partners will be that same for both men and women. … women tend to downplay, or lie about, their past sexual experience.
Seems right to me.
 
It’s true that it’s not an equal standard. Again, I’m sure there are quite a few religious men (myself included) who are fine with courting and marrying a non-virgin. It’s not a universal expectation.
I think it may make sense to discern as a matter of compatibility provided a high degree of self-awareness, but it should never be thought of as a matter of worth.

Non-virgins are “good enough” for the nunnery and the priesthood… IMHO it’d take a remarkable degree of arrogance to think we individuals “deserve more”.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top