Catholic doctrine

  • Thread starter Thread starter Willibuster
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Joanathan,

Do your homework independant of Catholic literature.

…GUESS THAT EXCLUDES THE BIBLE

What are we to have faith in? The Bible, or Catholic doctrine?

YES (THEY ARE ONE AND THE SAME AFTER ALL)

According to the Bible any “new revelation” or doctrine is to be accursed.

YOU MEAN LIKE SOLA-SCRIPTUA, ONCE SAVED ALWAYS SAVED, FORENSIC JUSTIFICATION, RAPTURE, ETC. ???

It’s all right there for you to read for yourself in the King James Bible.

YOU ARE REFERRING TO THE ORIGINAL KJV (THE ONE THAT INCLUDES THE 7 DEUTEROCANONICAL BOOKS OF THE OT) RIGHT ??? (AND IM CURIOUS ALSO, WHAT ABOUT THOSE WHO ARE ILLITERATE, OR DON’T SPEAK ENGLISH ?)

Our God is a God of order. “I am the same today, tomorrow and for eternity”.

AMEN…THAT’S WHY IM GLAD IM CATHOLIC. I HAVEN’T HAD TO LEARN A NEW DOCTRINE IN 2000 YEARS.

"There is one mediator between God and man, and that is the Christ Jesus.

AMEN AGAIN…AND TO ATTAIN SALVATION I THINK IT BEST THAT I ACCEPT IT ON THE TERMS THAT MY MEDIATOR OFFERS (eating His flesh, confessing my sins, submitting to the authority he transferred, and paying particular attention to the FULL answer that my Mediator gives when he is asked what one must “DO”- not “believe”- to have eternal life)

.
 
Cool, I take it you only use Catholic Bibles? Because after interpreting Revelation in such a way you couldn’t possibly use a version in which many books were removed in order to better suit Luther’s own opinions of God.
My point is that as a Catholic, I am instructed to do many many things that the Bible clearly tells me not to do. To me that’s adding to scripture.
 
40.png
joshua_b:
Catholic doctrine and The Scriptures are not one and the same. How many mediators between man and God? The Bible tells me one thing, and Catholic doctrine tells me another.
They can’t both be right, can they?

God Bless,
Robert
 
My point is that as a Catholic, I am instructed to do many many things that the Bible clearly tells me not to do.
To me that’s adding to scripture.Please show me such a place? I don’t think you can because it does not exist. You are welcome to try, but I will assure you that I will be able to refute your allegations every step of the way.
Catholic doctrine and The Scriptures are not one and the same.
How many mediators between man and God? The Bible tells me one thing, and Catholic doctrine tells me another.
They can’t both be right, can they? Examples? Again, this is propaganda without substance and I will refute it if you will supply your supposed evidence.

As they say on the street Robert. “Don’t believe the hype.”
[SIGN]Get the facts. Decide for yourself![/SIGN]
 
Catholic doctrine and The Scriptures are not one and the same. How many mediators between man and God? The Bible tells me one thing, and Catholic doctrine tells me another.
They can’t both be right, can they?

God Bless,
Robert
No Catholic teaching does not tell you “another”. Here is what the Catechism of the Catholic Church says on the matter:
2634 Intercession is a prayer of petition which leads us to pray as Jesus did. He is the one intercessor with the Father on behalf of all men, especially sinners.112 He is "able for all time to save those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them."113 The Holy Spirit "himself intercedes for us . . . and intercedes for the saints according to the will of God."114
 
As a Christian, I have faith that God is able to get His word to me. And my faith is in The Holy Bible.
Really?

How sad for you. My Faith isn’t in a book, but rather in the Incarnate Word Himself, Jesus Christ
 
Catholic doctrine and The Scriptures are not one and the same. How many mediators between man and God? The Bible tells me one thing, and Catholic doctrine tells me another.
They can’t both be right, can they?

God Bless,
Robert
Robert, Catholics believe in only one mediator between God and man. Our Catechism teaches:

“Christ Jesus [is] the one mediator between God and men,” CCC 1544.

“Christ, high priest and unique mediator, has made of the Church a kingdom, priests for his God and Father. The whole community of believers is, as such, priestly.” CCC 1546.

“Only Christ is the true priest, the others being only his ministers,” CCC 1545.

This is exactly what is taught in 1 Tim 2:5, “…there is one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus …” There is no inconsistency between the Catechism and the Bible: the number of mediators is one.
 
My point is that as a Catholic, I am instructed to do many many things that the Bible clearly tells me not to do. To me that’s adding to scripture.
I would really like to see these things that Catholics do that are not written in the bible.
 
Catholic doctrine and The Scriptures are not one and the same. How many mediators between man and God? The Bible tells me one thing, and Catholic doctrine tells me another.
They can’t both be right, can they?

God Bless,
Robert
You keep saying the bible tells you one thing and the Church tells you to do another. Well who do you suppose brought you that bible that is so contradicting to the same Church that helped put it together. It just doesnt make since.

In one post you challenge us to read our history because the bible came before the Church. But I ask you do you really believe that our Lord would really leave His people with out anything for four hundred years. And even after those four hundred years do you think that there was a bible in every house hold? And even if there were bibles readily available (which there weren’t) do you think every person knew how to read?

Jesus never said that he was going to leave His people with a book. He did leave His 12 apostles in charge with the teachings of His works and He did leave St. Peter in charge of building His Church. Any simple look into history will tell this.

Good luck in your search for the truth. You will learn alot here.
 
I am going to respond generally to most of the questions posed to me in this thread, without addressing each one specifivally. One Mediator…everyone seems to agree that The Bible and Catholic doctrine agree that there is only one Mediator between man and God, and that Mediator is The Christ Jesus. But if I am not a Catholic in good standing and I die, (whether any of us like it or not) according to Catholic dogma we will not inherit the kingdom of heaven. This is not up for our own personal interpretation. Vatican ll’s document lumen gentium reaffirmed this dogma and the document Humanae teaches that Catholicism is the only true religion.
There it is…competition with Jesus Christ as Mediator. The Pope, Mary, and priests are also mediators in the Catholic church. The foundation of the church was built on The Prophets and The Apostles, not on only one Apostle. In the Bible it’s plural…Apostles. If the church was built on Peter, God would have said Apostle…singular. God is 100% accurate in His word, and makes no mistakes. When Nicodemus asked Jesus what he must do to inherit the kingdom of heaven, Jesus told him that he must be born again. Nothing more and nothing less!
According to Catholicism, that’s not enough though. So which mediator should we believe? Jesus or Catholic dogma?
I mentioned that my faith is in The Bible. Someone responded that I shouldn’t place my faith in a book, but instead in Jesus Christ. I just assumed that any rational thinker would automatically conclude that what I meant was that I was placing my faith in God’s word…not in the physical book itself.

God Bless,
Robert

The Bible commands us to “test all things”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top