T
TylerJames
Guest
Hello, my name is Tyler and I have some questions about the Catholic faith. I was raised protestant but feel that the protestant church leaves out a large amount of aspects of spirituality. For example, protestants do not generally speak of saints or communion with them, they do not address patron saints or guardian angels (St. Michael etc.), even when there are biblical references to them nor do they preach on the the omitting of books such as the Maccabbees from the bible- even when they are historically accurate and also referred to in the bible (Hebrews 11:35). My question or conflict is not primarily over these matters but more over purgatory and penance for sins (bible references, doctrine, studies etc.). Also, I’m curious as to a catholics opinions on baptized (protestant) Christians and if they are considered saved (having that they believe in Jesus as their savior) or if they are damned due to them not being of the strict Catholic faith. I would appreciate feedback from people with biblical references to purgatory and also opinions/facts on why Catholicism includes books in their bible that the protestants do not. As well as opinions on protestant salvation. I’m searching for truth and am trying to be open with all views. Thanks for any assistance and prayers in this matter.
-Tyler
tylerjreza@gmail.com
-Tyler
tylerjreza@gmail.com