J
JamesG
Guest
Hi,
A few months ago I meet a wonderfull catholic woman and I was very impressed with her faith. She has endured many verbal attacks by her pentecostal relatives in the last year. She even told me that her parents recently converted (from being unactive catholics) and as a result are now back togeather. They have used this as an excuse to try to convince her that their way is the right way.
Anyway, I am very worried about her. I think that it won’t be long and her parents will start to attack her.
She told me that sometimes she just placates them so that she doesn’t have to fight. I told her that she should not be afraid of these challenges and should use it as a chance to learn about her faith more and grow stronger. I told her that the answers are there. i just hope that I can help
Sadly I don’t know enough about pentecostals to help her. If any of you can help me outline some of the things that are wrong with their theology or with what they typically assult the church with it would help. I’m also interested in hearing from any former pentecostals and why they have or are considering becoming a catholic.
She told me that they don’t belive that mary was a virgin because in the bible it says that Jesus had a brother. Am I right to reason that this is an incorrect translation? Apparently, they also think that we are idol worshipers.
She also told me that she likes the way they are all very close and she doesn’t see that in the catholic church. I tried to tell her that groups of people like that do exist you just have to do more then simply go to mass.
I gave her a rosary that was blessed by JPII during world youth day. I also tried my best to remind her of Mary. I think that will be her one protection during all of this.
A few months ago I meet a wonderfull catholic woman and I was very impressed with her faith. She has endured many verbal attacks by her pentecostal relatives in the last year. She even told me that her parents recently converted (from being unactive catholics) and as a result are now back togeather. They have used this as an excuse to try to convince her that their way is the right way.
Anyway, I am very worried about her. I think that it won’t be long and her parents will start to attack her.
She told me that sometimes she just placates them so that she doesn’t have to fight. I told her that she should not be afraid of these challenges and should use it as a chance to learn about her faith more and grow stronger. I told her that the answers are there. i just hope that I can help
Sadly I don’t know enough about pentecostals to help her. If any of you can help me outline some of the things that are wrong with their theology or with what they typically assult the church with it would help. I’m also interested in hearing from any former pentecostals and why they have or are considering becoming a catholic.
She told me that they don’t belive that mary was a virgin because in the bible it says that Jesus had a brother. Am I right to reason that this is an incorrect translation? Apparently, they also think that we are idol worshipers.
She also told me that she likes the way they are all very close and she doesn’t see that in the catholic church. I tried to tell her that groups of people like that do exist you just have to do more then simply go to mass.
I gave her a rosary that was blessed by JPII during world youth day. I also tried my best to remind her of Mary. I think that will be her one protection during all of this.