Catholic hiker / kayaking friends?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Luvz2travel
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Luvz2travel

Guest
Seems like I can’t really find many. I’m in a christian oriented adventure group but they are nondenomination and most in my other adventure group are mainly very libel antiGOD or anti religion types. I don’t understand why it just seems to be that how it works out in my area. None of the Catholic groups I have ever been in had anyone interested in hiking or the outdoors either. :confused: Anyway I’m just looking to possibly set up a room for Catholics who love the outdoors…what do you think?
 
I love hiking and kayaking!!!

…But that leaves you in the same situation of seeking a catholic.

Sorry I couldn’t be of much help. Maybe take it to your priest and see if he could put you in touch with others who might be interested?
 
I love hiking and kayaking!!!

…But that leaves you in the same situation of seeking a catholic.

Sorry I couldn’t be of much help. Maybe take it to your priest and see if he could put you in touch with others who might be interested?
Come on Blue Eyed Lady, convert and help the guy out!
 
Yeah Blue Eyes! Maybe this is the Holy Spirit nudging you…

I’m lucky to have 1 mountain biking friend who is catholic. There is nothing like enjoying the creation while giving thanks and praise to the creator.

Good luck! If you were in Michigan I’d go for sure…
 
Yeah Blue Eyes! Maybe this is the Holy Spirit nudging you…

I’m lucky to have 1 mountain biking friend who is catholic. There is nothing like enjoying the creation while giving thanks and praise to the creator.

Good luck! If you were in Michigan I’d go for sure…
I love mountain biking too!

I was extremely overweight growing up, and when I turned 18 and got out of my parent’s house the first thing I did was learn how to properly feed myself because I was so sick of being the fat girl who couldn’t keep up with anything. As the weight went away my energy shot up and I fell in love with outdoorsy active stuff. I have never looked back.
 
I love mountain biking too! I was extremely overweight growing up, and when I turned 18 and got out of my parent’s house the first thing I did was learn how to properly feed myself because I was so sick of being the fat girl who couldn’t keep up with anything. As the weight went away my energy shot up and I fell in love with outdoorsy active stuff. I have never looked back.
Well cool! and congrats on getting healthy…
The sickest ride I ever did was at a place called Vultures Knob in Ohio. I thought I was going to die. Can’t wait to do it again!

We’re lucky to have so much good terrain here in Michigan. Short summers though, like its almost snow time today. :mad:
 
I was thinking of starting a room or yahoogroup for catholic hikers or kayakers … or just outdoorsy people. What do you think?
 
I think there is already a group on here: forums.catholic-questions.org/group.php?groupid=138

I’m sure a group aimed more towards hiking, outdoors, and naturalist pursuits would fill a niche here. I’m really averse to the idea of hunting and only joined the above group for the hiking part. 😃 I really enjoy landscape photography, so hiking is an excellent way to facilitate and foster it.

-Byrnwiga
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top