Catholic Prophesy

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fish
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Fish

Guest
Hello,

I am interested in Catholic Prophsey, but I only seem to find Prophesy on the internet that is non Catholic and many times slanted against the Church. Does anyone know of any web sites with information or possibly a good book on Prophesy that is considered Catholic?

Fish
 
Get a copy of:

Trial, Tribulation & Triumph, by Desmond Birch.

It is a very good book describing possible future events using Catholic prophecies, Scripture and Tradition.
 
I once heard of the Prophecy of the Popes. Excuse my ignorance if this is a touchy subject, I only heard it in passing and looked it up on Wikipedia (so of course its true!).

Prophecy of the Popes

Have fun!

Peace and God Bless
 
the malachy thing is a fraud.
There is no record of it’s existence prior to the 16th century.

The one and only reference to Malachy’s “prophecy” that dates to the middle ages appears in St. Bernard’s vita, when Malachy stops by Clairvaux on his way back from Rome to Ireland. Here is the quote:

*Returning by way of Clarvaux, he gave us his blessing a second time, and he drew deep sighs that he was not permitted to remain as he yearned to do. “These men,” he said, "I pray that you keep them for me so that they may learn from you what they may later teach us. And he continued: “they will e seed to us, and in this seed the people will be blessed, and those people too who from olden days heard the word monk, but have never seen a monk.” And leaving the four who were closest to him, he went on his way. These men, once tested and found worthy, became monks. Once the saint was back in his own country, he sent others who were treated likewise. After they had been taught for some time and were learned in wisdom of heart, the saint brother Christian – who was one of them - was given to them as father, and we sent them out adding enough of our monks to bring them to the number of an abbey. This abbey conceived and brought forth five daughter-houses and so was the seed multiplied and day by day the number of monks keeps increasing according to the desire and prophecy of Malachy.
*
(this is from the translation of the vita in the Cistercian Fathers series, by Robert T. Meyer)

the one and only authentic “prophecy” of Malachy has to do with the foundation of the abbey of Mellifont – absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with the papacy.
 
Hello,

I am interested in Catholic Prophsey, but I only seem to find Prophesy on the internet that is non Catholic and many times slanted against the Church. Does anyone know of any web sites with information or possibly a good book on Prophesy that is considered Catholic?

Fish
www.spiritdaily.com
 
Get a copy of:

Trial, Tribulation & Triumph, by Desmond Birch.

It is a very good book describing possible future events using Catholic prophecies, Scripture and Tradition.
Is this book widely accepted by the Catholic church as accurate?

Sounds interesting. Like the OP I am interested in such things. Although I do not subscribe the protestant hysteria surrounding end times prophesy, trying to put this all in perspective within the doctrine of the church is exciting 🙂 .
 
Is this book widely accepted by the Catholic church as accurate?

Sounds interesting. Like the OP I am interested in such things. Although I do not subscribe the protestant hysteria surrounding end times prophesy, trying to put this all in perspective within the doctrine of the church is exciting 🙂 .
I am not sure if it is or not. It does not have an imprimatur, of that I am sure. It contains a ton of prophecies approved by the Church as well as many statements from the Fathers of the Church.
 
Hello,

I am interested in Catholic Prophsey, but I only seem to find Prophesy on the internet that is non Catholic and many times slanted against the Church. Does anyone know of any web sites with information or possibly a good book on Prophesy that is considered Catholic?

Fish
There’re no more prophets, Christ fulfilled all that, it’s been left on the cross.👍 When Christ said before He died on the cross was, " It is finished…"
 
There’re no more prophets, Christ fulfilled all that, it’s been left on the cross.👍 When Christ said before He died on the cross was, " It is finished…"
Correct, tere are no more prophets, yet there are private relelations, which constitute prophecy.
 
Correct, tere are no more prophets, yet there are private relelations, which constitute prophecy.
What do ’ private releations ’ have anything to do with prophecy. I have a personal realitionship with the Lord…Saved by The Blood, but prophecy hasen’t anything to do with it. I don’t understand Catholic Doctrine, never did, it’s always been conductorial.

The Catholic Church has always based it’s faith in everything except The Lord Jesus Christ. I know, I was Catholic for 33 years, went to Catholic School…the whole nine yards, and I continue to see it within my own family, all are hard core Catholics.
  1. Annulment of marriage - Catholic made up law. It’s ridiculous.
  2. Bead & Wine - The bread actually turns into the body of Christ and the wine the blood, no such thing, scientifically or other wise. We take communion ’ in remembrance. ’ The elements of which do not change.
  3. Working their way to Heaven ( in most cases purgatory only ) this is wrong, no one can by their good deeds obtain Heaven. I’ve never spoken to any Catholics that feel they are going to Heaven, most don’t know where they’re going after death.
 
[2. Bead & Wine - The bread actually turns into the body of Christ and the wine the blood, no such thing, scientifically or other wise. We take communion ’ in remembrance. ’ The elements of which do not change.
  1. Working their way to Heaven ( in most cases purgatory only ) this is wrong, no one can by their good deeds obtain Heaven. I’ve never spoken to any Catholics that feel they are going to Heaven, most don’t know where they’re going after death.
    [/QUOTE]
As for #2 - I would think that everyone here believes that the actual physical bread and wine - but I believe that remembering things and making a habit of it has a very stong sense of spiritual power to it; therefore that power (message of Christ) is pushed even further.

As for #3 I would guess that every person on the planet regardless of faith would say the same thing.

My belief is that Catholicism is the closest we have to Christ’s words. Everything else is just man being just a bit too arrogant. Good Luck to you.
 
What do ’ private releations ’ have anything to do with prophecy. I have a personal realitionship with the Lord…Saved by The Blood, but prophecy hasen’t anything to do with it. I don’t understand Catholic Doctrine, never did, it’s always been conductorial.
Private revelations never change the full revelation God gave the Catholic Church…it simply amplifies certain things that are needed at the time of the private revelation. The private prophecies never remove or change or even modify Jesus’ saving on the work on the cross.
The Catholic Church has always based it’s faith in everything except The Lord Jesus Christ.
Not even remotely close to true. The Church has never strayed from Christ. Jesus is Lord and Savior over every soul–that is a Catholic truth.
I know, I was Catholic for 33 years, went to Catholic School…the whole nine yards, and I continue to see it within my own family, all are hard core Catholics.
You were never taught the real Catholic faith, you were taught something else. Perhaps you might want to learn what the Church actually teaches, and part of those teaches is the fact that we all must be saved by Christ–personally.
  1. Annulment of marriage - Catholic made up law. It’s ridiculous.
Wrong, you just do not understand the Church’s teachings about marriage. Yet, this can be a topic all to itself.
  1. Bead & Wine - The bread actually turns into the body of Christ and the wine the blood, no such thing, scientifically or other wise. We take communion ’ in remembrance. ’ The elements of which do not change.
That is not what Jesus said according to the Bible in John chapter 6. Nor is it what St. Paul taught, or what the Gospels clearly say.
  1. Working their way to Heaven ( in most cases purgatory only ) this is wrong, no one can by their good deeds obtain Heaven. I’ve never spoken to any Catholics that feel they are going to Heaven, most don’t know where they’re going after death.
Correct, works do not save us, we are saved by grace, not by works. Yet, if we say we are saved, yet have no works, then we have a false faith and are not saved. Yet, this can be a topic all to itself.

Catholics do not believe we are gauranteed Heaven, we are on a journey and as St. Paul said we must work out our salvation…and we must endure until the end. This means we do not punch a one-time ticket to heaven, we must remain with Christ our entire lives. That is Catholic and Biblical truths of salvation in a nutshell. Yet, this can be a topic all to itself.
 
That is not what Jesus said according to the Bible in John chapter 6. Nor is it what St. Paul taught, or what the Gospels clearly say.
Absolutely correct. Further, this is not what the fathers of the Apostolic and Patristic period taught. The Real Presence was believed and taught by the disciples of the Apostles. The poster to whom you are responding evidently doesn’t believe that the Holy Spirit guided the Church until Luther, Calvin, Knox, and Cranmer.
 
Absolutely correct. Further, this is not what the fathers of the Apostolic and Patristic period taught. The Real Presence was believed and taught by the disciples of the Apostles. The poster to whom you are responding evidently doesn’t believe that the Holy Spirit guided the Church until Luther, Calvin, Knox, and Cranmer.
I think it is also a another sad case of some very poor teaching from whomever taught that person. It is amazing how many people hate/reject the Catholic faith for what THEY think it is, rather then embracing the Catholic faith for what it really is.
 
What do ’ private releations ’ have anything to do with prophecy. I have a personal realitionship with the Lord…Saved by The Blood, but prophecy hasen’t anything to do with it. I don’t understand Catholic Doctrine, never did, it’s always been conductorial.

The Catholic Church has always based it’s faith in everything except The Lord Jesus Christ. I know, I was Catholic for 33 years, went to Catholic School…the whole nine yards, and I continue to see it within my own family, all are hard core Catholics.
  1. Annulment of marriage - Catholic made up law. It’s ridiculous.
  2. Bead & Wine - The bread actually turns into the body of Christ and the wine the blood, no such thing, scientifically or other wise. We take communion ’ in remembrance. ’ The elements of which do not change.
  3. Working their way to Heaven ( in most cases purgatory only ) this is wrong, no one can by their good deeds obtain Heaven. I’ve never spoken to any Catholics that feel they are going to Heaven, most don’t know where they’re going after death.
And where do you get your facts from? Please don’t make blind accusations on something you say you don’t understand.

If you honestly wanted some help understanding Catholic doctrine, I know there are plenty of people here that would be happy to explain the topics you brought up above (on another thread perhaps) but please, no bashing, OK?
 
[2. Bead & Wine - The bread actually turns into the body of Christ and the wine the blood, no such thing, scientifically or other wise. We take communion ’ in remembrance. ’ The elements of which do not change.
  1. Working their way to Heaven ( in most cases purgatory only ) this is wrong, no one can by their good deeds obtain Heaven. I’ve never spoken to any Catholics that feel they are going to Heaven, most don’t know where they’re going after death.
As for #2 - I would think that everyone here believes that the actual physical bread and wine - but I believe that remembering things and making a habit of it has a very stong sense of spiritual power to it; therefore that power (message of Christ) is pushed even further.

As for #3 I would guess that every person on the planet regardless of faith would say the same thing.

My belief is that Catholicism is the closest we have to Christ’s words. Everything else is just man being just a bit too arrogant. Good Luck to you.
[/quote]
 
The Catholic Church has always based it’s faith in everything except The Lord Jesus Christ. I know, I was Catholic for 33 years, went to Catholic School…the whole nine yards, and I continue to see it within my own family, all are hard core Catholics.
.
namguy69,

Whatever you think of the catholic faith is certainly your perogative.

But to state that the faith is not based on the Lord Jesus Christ is to state the ridiculous. All you have to do is read the lives of the saints to see this clearly.

For example, look at the life of Sister Faustina. You may not believe her personal revelation, but you can’t dispute her love for our Savior.

Look deeper namguy69, the catholic faith is all about Jesus Christ.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top