Catholic Prophesy

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fish
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for #2 - I would think that everyone here believes that the actual physical bread and wine - but I believe that remembering things and making a habit of it has a very stong sense of spiritual power to it; therefore that power (message of Christ) is pushed even further.

As for #3 I would guess that every person on the planet regardless of faith would say the same thing.

My belief is that Catholicism is the closest we have to Christ’s words. Everything else is just man being just a bit too arrogant. Good Luck to you.
Arrogannce hasn’t a thing to do with what we’re speaking of…nothing. As far as ’ man being a bit too arrogent ’ what do you think the Catholic Church is doing? They make up rules, laws and regulations as they go along, this surly doesn’t come to you as a surprise. I found out the during the time I’ve been on this forum that just about everything I’ve posted the replies I’ve recived have ’ jumped around ’ except answering up to my post or answer!

" Least a man be born again he cannot enter into Heaven. "
 
40.png
namguy69:
Arrogannce hasn’t a thing to do with what we’re speaking of…nothing. As far as ’ man being a bit too arrogent ’ what do you think the Catholic Church is doing? They make up rules, laws and regulations as they go along, this surly doesn’t come to you as a surprise. I found out the during the time I’ve been on this forum that just about everything I’ve posted the replies I’ve recived have ’ jumped around ’ except answering up to my post or answer!

" Least a man be born again he cannot enter into Heaven. "

What is spiritual power, please explain that to me.
 
There’re no more prophets, Christ fulfilled all that, it’s been left on the cross.👍 When Christ said before He died on the cross was, " It is finished…"
I beg to differ. We were baptised priests (to worship God), prophets (to speak the truth) and kings (to rule over our thoughts, words and actions).
 
1. Annulment of marriage - Catholic made up law. It’s ridiculous.

Yes, if by Catholic you mean Jesus Christ.

2. Bead & Wine - The bread actually turns into the body of Christ and the wine the blood, no such thing, scientifically or other wise. We take communion ’ in remembrance. ’ The elements of which do not change.

You obviously don’t understand the context. When Jesus said “this is my body…” he meant it. Likewise, remembrance is used about a half dozen times in the old testament and everytime it refers to sacrifice.

3. Working their way to Heaven ( in most cases purgatory only ) this is wrong, no one can by their good deeds obtain Heaven. I’ve never spoken to any Catholics that feel they are going to Heaven, most don’t know where they’re going after death.

It is not Catholic teaching that works gets you into heaven, but that faith is dead without works.
 
1. Annulment of marriage - Catholic made up law. It’s ridiculous.

Yes, if by Catholic you mean Jesus Christ.

2. Bead & Wine - The bread actually turns into the body of Christ and the wine the blood, no such thing, scientifically or other wise. We take communion ’ in remembrance. ’ The elements of which do not change.

You obviously don’t understand the context. When Jesus said “this is my body…” he meant it. Likewise, remembrance is used about a half dozen times in the old testament and everytime it refers to sacrifice.

3. Working their way to Heaven ( in most cases purgatory only ) this is wrong, no one can by their good deeds obtain Heaven. I’ve never spoken to any Catholics that feel they are going to Heaven, most don’t know where they’re going after death.

It is not Catholic teaching that works gets you into heaven, but that faith is dead without works.
Works are dead without faith.
 
I beg to differ. We were baptised priests (to worship God), prophets (to speak the truth) and kings (to rule over our thoughts, words and actions).
I’ve never recalled reading about that in the KJV Bible. According to the Catholics there isn’t any difference between bibles, but that’s not true.👍
 
namguy69,

Whatever you think of the catholic faith is certainly your perogative.

But to state that the faith is not based on the Lord Jesus Christ is to state the ridiculous. All you have to do is read the lives of the saints to see this clearly.

For example, look at the life of Sister Faustina. You may not believe her personal revelation, but you can’t dispute her love for our Savior.

Look deeper namguy69, the catholic faith is all about Jesus Christ.
I’ve never heard of that Nun. The Catholic Church is made up mostly of man made laws and regulations, hard to say just where Christ is on the list…I was Catholic, I know what the Catholic Church is all about and it’s money, more money and more money and POWER. No one will ever tell me different. Please bear in mind I speaking in particular about the Vatican.
 
I’ve never recalled reading about that in the KJV Bible. According to the Catholics there isn’t any difference between bibles, but that’s not true.👍
Um, I think it may be a good idea to study Catholic teaching from the Catholic source. I say this from experience as one who used the same arguments (may the Lord forgive). But it’s your choice and it’s an awefully risky one at that.
 
I beg to differ. We were baptised priests (to worship God), prophets (to speak the truth) and kings (to rule over our thoughts, words and actions).
Our priest led an Advent devotional about this last night. He was stressing how we are to live our Baptism and relationship in God’s family through Christ. He was stressing the prophet role and said the way we are to be prophets is to speak and live the Will of God.

He also pointed out that in the account of Jesus’ birth we over look a prophet. It’s Joseph. He is described as a “just man” and that he stayed true to his commitments to God’s Will no matter what it cost him. Kind of interesting to meditate on this Advent.
 
I’ve never recalled reading about that in the KJV Bible. According to the Catholics there isn’t any difference between bibles, but that’s not true.👍
Oh, there is a difference in bibles. From Dave Armstrong:
The Old Testament in Catholic Bibles contains seven more books than are found in Protestant Bibles (46 and 39, respectively). Protestants call these seven books the *Apocrypha *and Catholics know them as the deuterocanonical books. These seven books are: Tobit, Judith, 1 and 2 Maccabees, Wisdom of Solomon, Ecclesiasticus (or, Sirach), and Baruch. Also, Catholic Bibles contain an additional six chapters (107 verses) in the book of Esther and another three in the book of Daniel (174 verses).
 
…I was Catholic, I know what the Catholic Church is all about and it’s money, more money and more money and POWER.
I have a friend who is a priest. He left his homeland to come to Canada. That is where I met him. He was comfortable here, but he spent most of his days ministering to the sick, dying, and the elderly, and the families of the deceased at a local hospital. It was emotionally draining work. He would deal with people who were angry, scared, and hurting almost every day.

Then he was moved to a church in Northern Canada to a town made up of mostly Canadian First Nations peoples. He spent the last six years there. There is little money there. Lots of substance abuse. Lots of broken families. But he serves them faithfully and helps them as he can.

So I ask you, where is the money? Where is the power? If by power you mean bringing Christ to the poor and the sick, then yes, he is powerful. But he has never had much money. He goes home maybe once every two years to spend some time with his family, but his life has been an example of the words “Love your neighbour”. I have never seen an ounce of greed or even a hint of a desire for power in him. Only kindness.

I don’t know what you mean by speaking in particular about “the Vatican”. The Catholic Church is not just the Vatican. It is every member of the Catholic Church. Yes money and power have a way of corrupting, but I think that Catholic popes have done better to weather these temptations than most leaders. On the other hand, no one denies that there have been some corrupt popes. But the pope does not represent all of Catholicism.

I’m not sure what kind of Catholic Church you went to when you were Catholic, but it must have been truly terrible. I hope you can look beyond your bad experiences to the good Catholics.

God bless,
Ut
 
I’ve never heard of that Nun. The Catholic Church is made up mostly of man made laws and regulations, hard to say just where Christ is on the list…I was Catholic, I know what the Catholic Church is all about and it’s money, more money and more money and POWER. No one will ever tell me different. Please bear in mind I speaking in particular about the Vatican.
If it is true that no one will ever tell you different and since you refuse learn what the Church actually teaches, why are you here? Do you have grand idea that you might make people leave Jesus’ Church?
 
namguy69,

Are you open to learn? Would you like to know what the Catholic Church actually teaches, or are you set in your ways?

If you are willing to learn, then choose one topic for discussion. We can start a new thread about that topic and then you can share what you think are the truths of that topic and we can do the same. Then, we are done with that topic we can start a new one, etc. What do you have to lose?

What do you think?
 
I’m late here, but to my knowledge there is no requirement to believe in any post-scriptural prophesy (in the sense of predicting the future) from any Catholic source. In fact, the tendency is to discourage subscribing to apparently prophetic elements in, for instance, the Marian apparitions that are open to veneration in the first place. Scripturally, I do not think, though someone may correct me, that even the notion of the Old Testament foreshadowing the events of the life, death, and resurrection of Jesus are matters of absolute faith. Modern Bible scholars, including reputable and “approved” Catholic ones, have discovered the concept of coincidence.

The Church does teach as a matter of doctrine a second coming and a last judgment. Unlike certain millenial and/or evangelical sects, it does not pretend that anyone has the slightest idea what form these will take. If I were to offer advice to anyone posting on this topic (which I do only very reluctantly, but it did come up), as far as the future is concerned, in the words of St. Augustine: “Live as though you will live forever. Pray as though you will die tomorrow.”
 
Um, I think it may be a good idea to study Catholic teaching from the Catholic source. I say this from experience as one who used the same arguments (may the Lord forgive). But it’s your choice and it’s an awefully risky one at that.
Thank you very much for your thoughts, I appreciate you answering me:thumbsup:
 
I have a personal realitionship with the Lord…Saved by The Blood. I don’t understand Catholic Doctrine, never did, it’s always been conductorial… Bead & Wine - The bread actually turns into the body of Christ and the wine the blood, no such thing, scientifically or other wise. We take communion ’ in remembrance. ’ The elements of which do not change.
Do you truely have a real relationship with Jesus Christ? How do we as Christians come to know Christ as Lord and Savior?

The canon of the New Testament was officially determined in the fourth century by Catholic councils and Catholic popes. The bible you quote from is the Inspired Word of God by the authority of the Catholic Church. She determined which books belonged and which books did’nt.

Your relationship with Christ comes from the gospel teachings of the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church gave you the gospel in written form, who better to teach you what it means? The true teachings of Christ have been preserved and unchanged for 2000 years.

Prior to the written word of the New Testament (405 AD), early christians shared the teachings of Christ oraly and by written letter as St. Paul commanded (2 Thess. 2:15). This manner of spreading the gospel was used during the roman persecutions of the church which ended in 313 AD. Christians died to give you the faith taught to them by the Apostles themselves.

The teachings of the Eucharist being the actual body of Christ comes from the Apostle John (John: 6) which was faithfully handed down through oral and written letter.

St. Ignatius of Antioch, a disciple of the Apostle John, wrote (110 AD) concerning heretics: “They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the Flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, Flesh which suffered for our sins and which the Father, in His goodness, raised up again.”

Every protestant accepts the teachings of the Early Church Fathers as it is a required course of study to obtain theological degrees in all colleges and universitys. Even Martin Luther affirmed the doctrine of the Eucharist. Until the 1500’s all true Christians accepted the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist.

With all the early Martyrs and St. John, I invite you to a real relationship with Jesus Christ, accept Him as your personal Lord and Savior, Truely Present in The Holy Eucharist. Be united with Him in true love and faith.

God Bless
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top