Catholic Prophesy

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fish
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
After A quick glance of that web site, it seems to meld Catholicism with Evangelical ideas of the second coming.

Where does this person get his information from?
Since no one knows the hour or the day, I really doubt any of this. There is a lot of things on the web. Is there any authority to back any of this up?

WHile it is interesting, I really doubt it’s authenticity.
 
After A quick glance of that web site, it seems to meld Catholicism with Evangelical ideas of the second coming.

Where does this person get his information from?
Since no one knows the hour or the day, I really doubt any of this. There is a lot of things on the web. Is there any authority to back any of this up?

WHile it is interesting, I really doubt it’s authenticity.
While it is obviously a fact that no one can know the hour or the day, we certainly can reaad the signs and we can have a general idea of impending second coming of our Lord. NOt being able to know the hour or the day does equate to us not being to know when/if we are in the actual final days.
 
There are “apparitions” listed on that site that have not been approved by the local bishop. Some that you list as “trustworthy” have been spoken out against by the local bishop.

IMO, it is best to look at ones that are fully church approved and leave the others.
 
While it is obviously a fact that no one can know the hour or the day, we certainly can reaad the signs and we can have a general idea of impending second coming of our Lord. NOt being able to know the hour or the day does equate to us not being to know when/if we are in the actual final days.
I would note that no one knows the hour or the day, BUT does it neccessarily stop us from knowng the Week, or Month, or Year, or Century?
 
No one will ever tell me different.
Is that the attitude the Bible tells us to have? Doesn’t the Bible say, “Test everything; retain what is good”? (1 Thess. 5:21) Doesn’t testing everything include testing Catholic teaching?

And, in all honesty, don’t you think testing Catholic teaching means testing what the Church actually teaches instead of what someone has told you it teaches? Shouldn’t you go straight to the source (like the Catechism) and find out what the Church says its official teachings actually are? And shouldn’t you read the writings of the early Christians–the ones taught by the apostles themselves–to see what they thought the Church taught?

After all, aren’t you on a journey to the Truth? Isn’t being on the road to Truth being on the road to Christ (since Jesus is the Truth!)? Since you’re on a journey to Christ, certainly you want to be doing this in the most honest and fair way possible.
 
No. That was my point.
Thanks for the clarification.

If any part of the first 5 years are true…

I just finished reading his concise time lines.

Interesting but I wonder how he deduced his time line?
 
Do you truely have a real relationship with Jesus Christ? How do we as Christians come to know Christ as Lord and Savior?

The canon of the New Testament was officially determined in the fourth century by Catholic councils and Catholic popes. The bible you quote from is the Inspired Word of God by the authority of the Catholic Church. She determined which books belonged and which books did’nt.

Your relationship with Christ comes from the gospel teachings of the Catholic Church. The Catholic Church gave you the gospel in written form, who better to teach you what it means? The true teachings of Christ have been preserved and unchanged for 2000 years.

Prior to the written word of the New Testament (405 AD), early christians shared the teachings of Christ oraly and by written letter as St. Paul commanded (2 Thess. 2:15). This manner of spreading the gospel was used during the roman persecutions of the church which ended in 313 AD. Christians died to give you the faith taught to them by the Apostles themselves.

The teachings of the Eucharist being the actual body of Christ comes from the Apostle John (John: 6) which was faithfully handed down through oral and written letter.

St. Ignatius of Antioch, a disciple of the Apostle John, wrote (110 AD) concerning heretics: “They abstain from the Eucharist and from prayer, because they do not confess that the Eucharist is the Flesh of our Savior Jesus Christ, Flesh which suffered for our sins and which the Father, in His goodness, raised up again.”

Every protestant accepts the teachings of the Early Church Fathers as it is a required course of study to obtain theological degrees in all colleges and universitys. Even Martin Luther affirmed the doctrine of the Eucharist. Until the 1500’s all true Christians accepted the Real Presence of Christ in the Eucharist.

With all the early Martyrs and St. John, I invite you to a real relationship with Jesus Christ, accept Him as your personal Lord and Savior, Truely Present in The Holy Eucharist. Be united with Him in true love and faith.

God Bless
Oh boy, I have a ’ real realstionship ’ with my Savior. Is it because or through the Holy Eucharest, absoultely not. I know where I’m going when I die…do you?:eek:
 
Oh boy, I have a ’ real realstionship ’ with my Savior. Is it because or through the Holy Eucharest, absoultely not. I know where I’m going when I die…do you?:eek:
Born once, die twice, born twice die once…think about that.
 
Born once, die twice, born twice die once…think about that.
You left out the word ‘but’…

Born once, die twice BUT born twice die once.

You must not be Catholic cause we use the word but alot.
 
Oh boy, I have a ’ real realstionship ’ with my Savior. Is it because or through the Holy Eucharest, absoultely not. I know where I’m going when I die…do you?:eek:
You have a real relationship with Jesus Christ? What Jesus? Remember there is only one Lord, one faith (Eph 4:3-6) one fold and one shephard (Jn 10:16). One faith handed down by Apostolic Tradition to which St. Paul commands we keep (1 Cor 11:2) “Therefore, brothers, stand firm and hold fast to the traditions that you were taught”… your at risk of losing your own salvation by accepting a different teaching and faith (1 Cor 15:1-2) being saved if you hold fast to the word I preached.

St. Athanasius (360 AD): “Let us note that the very tradition, teaching, and faith of the Catholic Church from the beginning, which the Lord gave, was preached by the Apostles, and was preserved by the Fathers. On this was the Church founded; and if anyone departs from this, he neither is nor any longer ought to be called a Christian…” Four Letters to Serapion of Thmius 1, 28.
I know where I’m going when I die…do you?:eek:
Your assurance of salvation comes from a different teaching and faith other than that one which the Lord gave. Like many other Protestant doctrines, this teaching was unheard of before the 1500’s.

Mt 24:13 tells us that we must “persevere to the end” in order to be saved. St. Paul says the same thing in 2 Tim 2:12: that we must hold out to the end if we want to rein with Christ. In Rom 11:22, Christains are warned that they will be cut off if they don’t persevere in the kindness of God. Hebrews 6:4-6 describes people who are sharers in the Holy Spirit (born-again Christians) but then fall away from God.

Your assurance of salvation is not a teaching of St. Paul or any Apostle at that. St. Paul teaches we must die in sanctifying grace in order to be saved. Any mortal sin leads to a loss of santifying grace and the risk of eternal damnation if we should die in this state.

Remember St. Paul’s advice: “work out your salvation with fear and trembling” (Phil 2:12). Who should have more assurance of salvation than St. Paul? Yet he says: “I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified” (1 Cor 9"27). Scripture is very clear: Christians can lose their salvation.

Again I say, your at risk of losing your own salvation by accepting a different teaching and faith other then that which was given to us by St. Paul and the Apostles (1 Cor 15:1-2) saved if you hold fast to the word I preached.

Come to know Christ and enter in with Him a real relationship as the Apostles knew him and as the early martyrs knew him, accept Jesus Christ in that one teaching and one faith, (Eph 4:4) one body, one Spirit, called to one hope. “Wherever Jesus Christ is, there is the Catholic Church.” St. Ignatius of Antioch (110 AD)

God Bless
 
Born once, die twice, born twice die once…think about that.
Uh… Okay. :rolleyes: I thought about it 😃 Yes, I am born again. Every Catholic is born again through baptism, a person is born again of water and the Holy Spirit (Jn 3:5). In Acts 2:38, St. Peter says that through baptism our sins are forgiven and we receive the Holy Spirit. St. Paul says that we are given new life through baptism (Rom 6:4). Titus 3:5 tells us that we are saved “thru bath of rebirth and renewal in the Holy Spirit” (baptism). 1 Peter 3:20-21 says that “baptism… saves you now.” Jesus made baptism a condition for entering heaven (Jn 3:5; Mk16:16). So it is unjustified that we are saved by faith alone.

I too, am born again 👍

God Bless
 
Oh boy, I have a ’ real realstionship ’ with my Savior. Is it because or through the Holy Eucharest, absoultely not. I know where I’m going when I die…do you?:eek:
I work out my salvation with fear and trembling.
 
Oh boy, I have a ’ real realstionship ’ with my Savior. Is it because or through the Holy Eucharest, absoultely not. I know where I’m going when I die…do you?:eek:
Namguy, did you read that what he said? That was a very true and well thought out message and you just blew it off. Bottom line is, when Jesus said " this is my body, this is my blood" he meant it. There is nothing that you can use to refute it. Even the biblical term “remembrance” signifies a true and living sacrifice in the old AND new testament.
 
Born once, die twice, born twice die once…think about that.
You sound angry man…aren’t you going to address the issues raised like the Early Church Fathers, the dating of the complilation of the New Testament, etc? Or will you just continue to condemn that which you think is false?

-P7
 
You left out the word ‘but’…

Born once, die twice BUT born twice die once.

You must not be Catholic cause we use the word but alot.
They certainly do:cool:eek: And the saying is correct as I wrote it…no BUTS in it:p
 
Uh… Okay. :rolleyes: I thought about it 😃 Yes, I am born again. Every Catholic is born again through baptism, a person is born again of water and the Holy Spirit (Jn 3:5). In Acts 2:38, St. Peter says that through baptism our sins are forgiven and we receive the Holy Spirit. St. Paul says that we are given new life through baptism (Rom 6:4). Titus 3:5 tells us that we are saved “thru bath of rebirth and renewal in the Holy Spirit” (baptism). 1 Peter 3:20-21 says that “baptism… saves you now.” Jesus made baptism a condition for entering heaven (Jn 3:5; Mk16:16). So it is unjustified that we are saved by faith alone.

I too, am born again 👍

God Bless
Then surely you know WITHOUT a doubt where your going when you pass. Do you?
 
You sound angry man…aren’t you going to address the issues raised like the Early Church Fathers, the dating of the complilation of the New Testament, etc? Or will you just continue to condemn that which you think is false?

-P7
Early Church Fathers, are they mentioned in the Bible? No I’m not angry:thumbsup: By the way, do you know where your going when you die?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top