Catholic Prophesy

  • Thread starter Thread starter Fish
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Early Church Fathers, are they mentioned in the Bible? No I’m not angry:thumbsup: By the way, do you know where your going when you die?
It’s good to know you’re not angry…emotions can cloud logic and judgement sometimes…

You are right in saying that the Early Church Fathers are not found in the Bible, but if you think about it, much of our Creed as Christians in general come from the Early Church Fathers pretty much explaining Scripture to the Early Church Community. Ignatius and Polycarp were disciple of John the Apostle…I mean, what better source to get the truth but that, huh? The concept of the Trinity (three persons in One God) is not in the Bible either, but the Bible reveals it…and the Early Church Fathers explain it…as they do all these other things you apparently oppose (The Eurcharist, the Pope…etc). Also, it’s good to know that for the first 3 centuries there WAS no Bible. What did the early Christians rely on? Oral words in addition to what was The Word of God scattered among other works written by others. Did you know there were almost 50 gospels in circulation alone at that time, who do you think God the Holy Spirit used to figure out which of those (it turned out to be four) gospels were actually the Word of God? Survey says…ding ding ding!
The Catholic Church.
Would you like to refute proven recorded history for the sake of ideology?🙂
Oh by the way, I ( and no Christian, no matter what they think) do not have assurance of Heaven. We have the promise and hope of it. It is up to us to embrace it. For some it takes a moment. For others it takes a lifetime…
What does it take for you? I know…“Accept Jesus as my Personal Lord and Savior”, like accepting a greeting card…got it…but seriously, what does it take for you?
P7
 
Then surely you know WITHOUT a doubt where your going when you pass. Do you?
NamGuy69’s Real Relationship? WOW NamGuy69, you got your own Thread… Check it out, it was started by JoeyWarren. Congratulations!:clapping: and you have more assurance of your salvation then St. Paul did of his (1 Cor 9:27) Congratulations again!:clapping:

On the Thread, “NamGuy69’s Real Relationship?”, JoeyWarren gave you some great scriptual truths which reflects a judgment according to deeds, and not a simple profession to faith. Remember even the demonds new Christ as Lord, they to are believers (Mt 8:29) “What is there between us, Son of God? Have you come to torment us before our time?” :nope:

mom2three gave you some great bible references. You should research the information given to you. Read Mt 19:16-17 Christ tells the rich young man that he must keep the commandments in order to gain eternal life.:angel1:

Christ teachings of Salvation have been taught in this way for 2000 years. The assurance of salvation by faith alone is a very new docrine which was never:tsktsk: heard of by Christians before the 1500’s.

So my question to you is are you going to put your faith in a new doctrine not taught by Christ or any other Christian prior to 1500, or are you going to take St. Paul’s advice:yup: and: “work out your salvation with fear and trembling” (Phil 2:12)?

Don’t waste your time asking every Catholic if they are assured of their salvation. Every Catholic as with myself, has chosen to work out our salvation with fear and trembling, and we are not assured of our salvation, like St. Paul (1 Cor 9:27) “I drive my body and train it, for fear that, after having preached to others, I myself should be disqualified”.

:bible1: Now go get your Catholic Book “the Bible” (The New Testament was written, copied, and collected by Catholic Christians in the fourth century) and start studying the Gospels which the Catholics gave to you also.

Martin Luther himself admits, “We are obliged to yield many things to the Catholics, that they posses the Word of God which we received from them, otherwise we should have known nothing at all about it”

God Bless
 
namguy got himself banned:(

inevitable?:confused:
I honestly miss namguy69 😦 There had to have been times when he just had to sit there and just think… I’m saying a lot of posts addressing his misconceptions were fairly good. His Last Activity was on: Dec 16, '06 8:16 am, yet there is no posts from him on this date or time, so I wander if he went postal :whacky: condemning all us catholics to hell?! At times I think we may have been working on his last nerve. It’s possibly the fact that he had no solid scripture to support his defence or discredit ours? A bible based (Sola Scriptura) christian in his position, may be compared to a man who stands on a raft and just realises that the raft with which he stands on has a hole, he finds himself sinking… and although his security is arms length away in the protection of the mother ship… he prefers to drown, and still believing all the while that his raft is all he needs to save him… Okay… maybe I should not have compared the bible to a raft? But when the Word of God is mis-interpretated do not the faithful become blind? Just a few thoughts… Anyways I say we vote him back in!
 
I honestly miss namguy69 😦 There had to have been times when he just had to sit there and just think… I’m saying a lot of posts addressing his misconceptions were fairly good. His Last Activity was on: Dec 16, '06 8:16 am, yet there is no posts from him on this date or time, so I wander if he went postal :whacky: condemning all us catholics to hell?! At times I think we may have been working on his last nerve. It’s possibly the fact that he had no solid scripture to support his defence or discredit ours? A bible based (Sola Scriptura) christian in his position, may be compared to a man who stands on a raft and just realises that the raft with which he stands on has a hole, he finds himself sinking… and although his security is arms length away in the protection of the mother ship… he prefers to drown, and still believing all the while that his raft is all he needs to save him… Okay… maybe I should not have compared the bible to a raft? But when the Word of God is mis-interpretated do not the faithful become blind? Just a few thoughts… Anyways I say we vote him back in!
I would not apologize for that analogy. That analogy is perfect.👍 :cool:
 
Nah, I don’t think voting him back in would work (some forums would ban you just for trying that). Besides, the thread got off topic as it was - from Catholic Prophecy to a debate about Salvation by Faith Alone or Faith and Good Works.

But, just my :twocents: (coming from a Lutheran) on Faith and Works. I could never quite see how “faith alone” gets you into Heaven. That would imply that someone only needs to be baptised once and no matter how bad they are (say they stole, murdered, scammed, were adulterous, etc.), they get a free ticket just because of their baptism. “Faith Alone” is also very ego-centric, since it’s all about your faith, and not sharing it with others. The parable of the city on a hill is like that - if it’s lights are on, which represents its’ works, then people far out into the countryside can see it. If the lights are off, no one knows it’s there.

Now, let’s get back on topic. 🙂
 
As stated by a previous poster, www.spiritdaily.com is probably your best bet.
**
NO!!!**

Spirit Daily is the most dangerous Catholic Prophecy website on the Internet because Michael H. Brown, who owns and runs the site, promotes Medjugorje, Garabandal and any and every prophecy — be it uninvestigated or unapproved — that supports either.

Medjugorje and Garabandal are unapproved. In fact, they’re so unapproved that we’re not allowed to post messages from either on Catholic Answers Forum! Medjugorje has been condemned by TWO local ordinary Bishops. Garabandal has been condemned SIX times by Local Ordinaries. I say “condemned” in manner of speech used by the Local Ordinaries. The actual status of both Garabandal and Medjugorje is “non-constat de supernaturalitate.” (supernaturality cannot be determined). Though — this may change because the Local Ordinary of Medjugorje, Bishop Ratko Peric, is calling for “constat-de-non de supernaturality,” meaning “evidence point to nothing supernatural occurring here.” \

We’re not allowed to read or have devotion to condemned prophecies, such as Bayside.

Michael H. Brown is disobedient to the Magisterium, for both Bishop Peric and Zanic of Medjugorje forbade the publication or promotion of Medjugorje messages LONG ago. Same goes with Garabandal. I have absolutely no respect for someone who is so blatantly disobedient to the Church.

And you can’t defend Michael by saying he doesn’t know any better. I know he knows better because I and Rick Salbato have told him about his disobedience on mulitiple occassions.
**
Stay FAR away from Spirit Daily.** The only reason I read it is to keep an eye on my enemy.

Try reading the prophecy articles written by Rick Salbato of Unity Publishing. Rick is known for exposing false apparitions. He’s known as a "cult buster. You’d be surprised to learn that this “Doubting Thomas” does believe in and promote approved Catholic Prophecy.

Check this out:
unitypublishing.com/prophecy/index.html

Heres the homepage:
unitypublishing.com/

Rick obeys the Church, and for that, I fully recommend the articles on Unity Publishing.

God Bless!
 
What makes unity publishing so authoritative then?
When it comes down to it, it’s all speculation. And even the approved apparitions are only private revelation.
However, that the status of Medjugorje with the Magesterium has been a bit misconstrued leads me to believe that this is all just one person’s opinion, which carries no special authority to it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top