Catholic Radio

• Thread starter Thread starter srkbdk
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
40.png
Disillusioned:
I am not fabricating the appearance on Mother Angelica’s programme of a priest from Opus Angelorum. This is a banned order, its spirituality has gone haywire and the Vatican made severe warnings about it.
Are you sure this is a banned order? It looks to me like they were told not to present private revelation as definitively true, but they were not shut down. Looking at its web site, OA appears to be an exceptionally devout and faithful organization, worthy of an appearance on EWTN.

I’m posting some material from their web site at opusangelorum.org/English/Osainfo.html below. Reading between the lines, I would guess some mistook a rebuke for a ban.

How does the Church judge the Activity and Spirituality of the Work of the Holy Angels?

The Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith subjected the doctrine and practices of the Work of the Holy Angels to an examination that lasted for several years. The results of the examination, a document dated September 29, 1983 (Prot. Nr. 1005/69), were communicated to the Procurator of the Work of the Angels on October 5, 1983. In the cover letter the Prefect of the Congregation for the Faith, Cardinal Josef Ratzinger writes among other things: “In this document you will find those decisions which will help the Opus Angelorum to develop along the lines of the ecclesial orientation. I wish you and your fellow workers a fruitful activity in the service of the only Lord Jesus, in full fidelity towards the directives of the Magisterium of the Holy Church, and I avail myself of this opportunity to assure you of my sincere esteem.”

With the Roman decree of June 6, 1992, a second examination of the Work was brought to a close; the use of the private revelations on the holy Angels, to the extent that they do not correspond to the universal tradition of the Church, was prohibited. In an official declaration, the directors of the Work of the Holy Angels noted, first of all, that the decree was addressed directly to the Opus Ss. Angelorum as an “association of the faithful” recognized by the Church. “Consequently, it cannot possibly be a question of a prohibition of the Work of the Holy Angels, as such” (Press release of June 22, 1992, point 1). Concerning the directives of the decree, the same declaration stated:

2 "The Opus Angelorum may and should foster and spread devotion to the holy Angels in the Church. The restricting measures of the Decree affect the use and dissemination of precisely specified parts of the writings of the Work, containing a particular angelology, which is not reducible to the written or transmitted word of God, but is known only through private revelations; these measures also affect practices linked with it.

3 The Work of the Holy Angels confesses itself to the Word of God, as it is presented to the faithful in Holy Scripture, in Tradition and by the living Magisterium of the Church (cf. Dei Verbum, 10) as the foundation of all Christian spirituality and especially of the consecrated life. The Work stands in fidelity and obedience to the Holy Father and to the directives of the Decree from June 6, 1992, even as every member promised at their admittance into the Work of the Holy Angels.
  1. The interpretation and implementation of the several determinations of the Decree will follow in agreement and in collaboration with the Holy See."

Veronica Anne:
We got a 24-hour a day, 7 day a week Catholic radio station in town.

This station is the first ever (and maybe only?) Catholic radio station in existence that was started by, is privately owned by, and 100% financially funded by laypeople.

It’s FM, of course.

In the evenings it receives feed from EWTN Radio.

In the daytime it is self-run. I love listening to the kids’ songs in the morning while I’m driving to work.

SO MUCH better than non-Catholic Christian radio because at noon is the live feed of the daily Mass at the diocesan cathedral… and at 3pm is the Divine Mercy… and at 7pm is the rosary.

From 9 to midnight, it’s live programming, discussion, and the rosary – all in Spanish because of the relatively high level of Spanish-speaking people in this area.

Gloria por Tu gracias!!
(Thanks be to God!)

It’s CATHOLIC!
It’s RADIO!
It’s MARY’S!!
Our Lady’s Radio Station – KBVM!!

www.kbvm.com
We got a great one here in Omaha too! It is 100% privatley fundedbut blessed by the Archdioces. It has local programing and also CA programs, Fr. Corapi, and other great programs. You can check them out here kvss.com/about_kvss/about_kvss.html In case you are wondering why KVSS the VSS is for Veni, Sancte Spiritus which means “Come, Holy spirt” Please check out all thier web pages! I found this staion and love it! They are trying to expand thier broadcast into the more Rural areas of Ne to give our Brethren out ther the good news!

I’ll leave the person unnamed, but someone who ought to know better and is in a position of leading converts to God in an educational class had this to say when they heard I listened to EWTN - “Ooooh, I’d be careful, they’re conservative, keep an open mind”… it took all my strength not to roll on the floor laughing about someone complaining about one of the BEST sources of Catholicism for the radio waves.

(I’ll also say this same perosn had the same thing to say about Pope Benedict XVI, as well. Guess they aren’t too much into that whole “conservative” thing, are they? ) 😃

(Ah, I’m awful, but it does amaze me when one can’t get decent programming most of the time, someone would actually bash good Catholic radio. It’s boggling, truly.)

Disillusioned may have tipped his hand when he mentioned the Church’s stand on contraception troubling him. There are many people who might think the programming of EWTN is right wing because it teaches the faith by the book. My hometown of Buffalo and its neighbor Rochester are blessed with The Stations of the Cross, which include Youngstown, Ohio and Scranton/Wilkes-Barre. Having programs such as Catholic Answers and and the call-in show from EWTN available 24/7 does wonders for my faith. The reason these stations aren’t always known throughout the community is that they don’t have budgets for promotion and marketing. What they need it time and prayer. From the mail our station receives, it is clear that Catholic radio bring light to the disillusioned more often than the reverse.

40.png
Disillusioned:
So really you are not going to be able to say that I’m attacking because I’ve never seen the channel.Barbara Mcguigan read an e-mail from me, where I explained how the issue of contraception was also eroding my faith and esteem for a Church I once sincerely trusted and believed in.Courteous that on this occsion they replied-my long handwritten theology is often flatly ignored or laterally observed upon.What is it with Americans and "penmanship "? (Joke)

Don’t fear me-this board is going to take the place of tuning in EWTN.It’s like being in a room full of seminarians and students all over again.
What is your opinion on contraception? Do you believe that birth control, condoms, and abortion are okay? Is this why you left the Church?

Anyway, we have a great station in Detroit. Ava Maria radio is wonderful. Lots of programs, Divine Chaplet at 3:00 (sometimes I catch it), they read from the Life of Anne Catherine Emmerick, etc. However, someone said there station gets Fr. Corapi… I am so jealous!!!🙂

40.png
dsproule:
What is your opinion on contraception? Do you believe that birth control, condoms, and abortion are okay? Is this why you left the Church?

Anyway, we have a great station in Detroit. Ava Maria radio is wonderful. Lots of programs, Divine Chaplet at 3:00 (sometimes I catch it), they read from the Life of Anne Catherine Emmerick, etc. However, someone said there station gets Fr. Corapi… I am so jealous!!!🙂
Don’t wait for an answer, I went back and Disillusioned resigned. I suspect he/she was a ‘plant’ anyway. EWTN seems pretty orthodox based on what I’ve seen and heard.

We have a great Catholic station that has a number of CA programs, KVBM. I have also heard of something called Relevant Radio that you can stream on the internet. I don’t know if it’s Catholic or just a christian station. I’ve enjoyed the programs I’ve listened to on Relevant Radio too.

Lisa N

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back