B
Belgarion
Guest
Hi,
I’m sure some of you know me here, but you may not know that I am an amatuer script-writer.
I’ve written (and am writing) quite a few movie scripts. At least two are based on a video game that I am a fan of.
BUT the other two are my own creation.
The first is simply a romantic comedy. A teen comedy that is devoid of sexual humor, and instead focuses on a high silly-factor.
However, that project has been rather dormant for months now.
I began working on a much bigger and more dramatic piece.
A teenage, Catholic boy (named James) that suddenly receives visions.
Strangely, its not like Mary is coming to him, or something like that. He will be at Mass and see a little blonde boy poke his head over a woman’s shoulder, as if she were carrying him. Later, he comments about the boy to the woman, who then proceeds to tell him that she was never carrying anyone.
He dismisses it, but then it starts to happen more and more. The only person who even wanted to know what was bothering him was a friend of his, Evelyn. She (for some odd reason
) trusts him completely and decides to help him figure out what’s going on.
It bothers James enough for him to go to his parents. They take him to the Doctor who then investigates the issue. They scan for a tumor, but instead they cannot see anything on the MRI at all! Its as if something distorted the image. They redo the test, but still nothing shows up right.
His priest is very mysterious about it, but he’s determined that these are angels that James is seeing.
Gradually he begins to accept it. and takes great pleasure in listening to the angels sing during Mass.
However, the other side starts to show itself.
All-in-all, the story is about good and evil. Our choices are OUR choices, but they are still sactioned by one group. Though the more righteous you are, the harder the other side tries to make you fall.
I would say its an accurate assessment of our reality, though told from the perspective of a writer (James is writing a book on his experience and narrates the story) who could see the angels and the demons around us.
NOt only are these exterior forces in conflict, but so are the forces within James himself. He understands right and wrong, good and evil. Even more so now that he SEES. But even his own will isn’t without weakness.
So that’s the story I came up with (there’s more of course, I’m just trying to be concise!) but the problem is that I don’t know who’d make something like this? Who would take a script from an amatuer writer and make a feature length film?
I figured this was the best place to ask since the story is VERY Catholic, and perhaps someone knew of a good Catholic production company or something
Doesn’t hurt to ask
I’m sure some of you know me here, but you may not know that I am an amatuer script-writer.
I’ve written (and am writing) quite a few movie scripts. At least two are based on a video game that I am a fan of.
BUT the other two are my own creation.
The first is simply a romantic comedy. A teen comedy that is devoid of sexual humor, and instead focuses on a high silly-factor.
However, that project has been rather dormant for months now.
I began working on a much bigger and more dramatic piece.
A teenage, Catholic boy (named James) that suddenly receives visions.
Strangely, its not like Mary is coming to him, or something like that. He will be at Mass and see a little blonde boy poke his head over a woman’s shoulder, as if she were carrying him. Later, he comments about the boy to the woman, who then proceeds to tell him that she was never carrying anyone.
He dismisses it, but then it starts to happen more and more. The only person who even wanted to know what was bothering him was a friend of his, Evelyn. She (for some odd reason
It bothers James enough for him to go to his parents. They take him to the Doctor who then investigates the issue. They scan for a tumor, but instead they cannot see anything on the MRI at all! Its as if something distorted the image. They redo the test, but still nothing shows up right.
His priest is very mysterious about it, but he’s determined that these are angels that James is seeing.
Gradually he begins to accept it. and takes great pleasure in listening to the angels sing during Mass.
However, the other side starts to show itself.
All-in-all, the story is about good and evil. Our choices are OUR choices, but they are still sactioned by one group. Though the more righteous you are, the harder the other side tries to make you fall.
I would say its an accurate assessment of our reality, though told from the perspective of a writer (James is writing a book on his experience and narrates the story) who could see the angels and the demons around us.
NOt only are these exterior forces in conflict, but so are the forces within James himself. He understands right and wrong, good and evil. Even more so now that he SEES. But even his own will isn’t without weakness.
So that’s the story I came up with (there’s more of course, I’m just trying to be concise!) but the problem is that I don’t know who’d make something like this? Who would take a script from an amatuer writer and make a feature length film?
I figured this was the best place to ask since the story is VERY Catholic, and perhaps someone knew of a good Catholic production company or something