B
Brisbane11
Guest
I’ve gotten into a debate of sorts with a friend of mine over whether or not there are Catholics in the Old Testament. I maintain that there are no Catholic practitioners in the Old Testament given the following of Jesus Christ and Christianity, which couldn’t exactly crop up before The Christ was born. Jesus Christ was one of the big cruxes in the New Testament and, if I can remember off the top of my head, never in the Old Testament (although I could be wrong on this, I don’t have anything right on hand to look this up to be sure at the moment). However he states this is false, as the entire Bible is Catholic text.
I am confused, I swear I am right as I don’t recollect anything akin to Catholicism being mentioned in the Old Testament, I gave one reason above but also that it is the the old covenant before Christianity came to be. It would not make sense for something that technically has not come to pass yet to be in texts pertaining to its preceding roots. However he is an intelligent person and perhaps I have missed or forgotten something that he remembers readily. Can anyone clarify this for me, please? I also apologize if this is in the wrong section, I was confused as to where this would be most appropriate.
I am confused, I swear I am right as I don’t recollect anything akin to Catholicism being mentioned in the Old Testament, I gave one reason above but also that it is the the old covenant before Christianity came to be. It would not make sense for something that technically has not come to pass yet to be in texts pertaining to its preceding roots. However he is an intelligent person and perhaps I have missed or forgotten something that he remembers readily. Can anyone clarify this for me, please? I also apologize if this is in the wrong section, I was confused as to where this would be most appropriate.