Catholics and jews targeted worldwide in 2004

• Thread starter Thread starter Peacemonger
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the thread peace. I have noticed this too. I also look at the disasters and everything else going on and wonder(but not worry).Before our Pope was Pope he was quoted as saying, that the world does not yet realised that we have come to the most serious time in history,the battle between the Gospel and the anti-gospel,between The Church and the anti-church.Seems like that statement is turning out to be pretty prophetic.God Bless

Church Militant:
Sugoi!
Sou desu ka!
A quick Japanese lesson for you.

“Sugoi” means “that’s great!” I’m sure you don’t think it’s great news that Catholics and Jews are being persecuted.

“sou desu ka!” should be soo (no u) desu ka. This means, is that true?

So to translate your sentences it would be…That’s great! Is that true? Doesn’t make much sense does it. A better sentence would be

Taihen desu neee! Which means, That’s terrible (news) isn’t it.

Some of us remember when Islam was Judaism’s ally against Christianity.

St. James:
LOL!!! So you’re suggesting you were born when?

St. James:
Not since the Crusades and Inquisition were they allies in more than shared prejudice. Actually, I don’t think the major Abrahammic monotheisms have ever been allies apart from rhetorical arenas. In fact, wasn’t Vatican II the first attempt at real dialogue since Maimonides, Averroes and Thomas Aquinas traded treatises?

40.png
thestickman:
LOL!!! So you’re suggesting you were born when?
In my country Spain, in VIII century in a ,ot of cities the governor of the emirate were jews because they have a lot of hate of christianity and help conquering Spain to the moors. But now the things are different.

40.png
Peacemonger:
A quick Japanese lesson for you.

“Sugoi” means “that’s great!” I’m sure you don’t think it’s great news that Catholics and Jews are being persecuted.

“sou desu ka!” should be soo (no u) desu ka. This means, is that true?

So to translate your sentences it would be…That’s great! Is that true? Doesn’t make much sense does it. A better sentence would be

Taihen desu neee! Which means, That’s terrible (news) isn’t it.
Actually Sugoi is an expletive…

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back