The Greek word is
theoreo
- to be a spectator, look at, behold
a) to view attentively, take a view of, survey
- to view mentally, consider
- to see
a) to perceive with the eyes, to enjoy the presence of one
b) to discern, descry
c) to ascertain, find out by seeing
KJV - Jhn 6:40 - And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which
seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
King James Version 1611, 1769
NKJV - Jhn 6:40 - “And this is the will of Him who sent Me, that everyone who
sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life; and I will raise him up at the last day.”
New King James Version © 1982 Thomas Nelson
NLT - Jhn 6:40 - For it is my Father’s will that all who
see his Son and believe in him should have eternal life-that I should raise them at the last day."
New Living Translation © 1996 Tyndale Charitable Trust
NIV - Jhn 6:40 - For my Father’s will is that everyone who **looks to the Son **and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day.”
New International Version © 1973, 1978, 1984 International Bible Society
ESV - Jhn 6:40 - “For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who **looks on the Son **and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”
The Holy Bible, English Standard Version © 2001 Crossway Bibles
NASB - Jhn 6:40 - “For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who **beholds the Son **and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day.”
New American Standard Bible © 1995 Lockman Foundation
NAB - Jhn 6-40 - For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who **sees the Son **and believes in him may have eternal life, and I shall raise him (on) the last day."
RSV - Jhn 6:40 - For this is the will of my Father, that every one who **sees the Son **and believes in him should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day."
Revised Standard Version © 1947, 1952.
ASV - Jhn 6:40 - For this is the will of my Father, that every one that
beholdeth the Son, and believeth on him, should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day.
American Standard Version 1901 Info
Young - Jhn 6:40 - and this is the will of Him who sent me, that every one who is
beholding the Son, and is believing in him, may have life age-during, and I will raise him up in the last day.’
Robert Young Literal Translation 1862, 1887, 1898 Info
Darby - Jhn 6:40 - For this is the will of my Father, that every one who
sees the Son, and believes on him, should have life eternal; and I will raise him up at the last day.
J.N.Darby Translation 1890 Info
Webster - Jhn 6:40 - And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one who
seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day.
Noah Webster Version 1833 Info
HNV - Jhn 6:40 - This is the will of the one who sent me, that everyone who
sees the Son, and believes in him, should have eternal life; and I will raise him up at the last day."
Hebrew Names Version 2000 Info