K
Kliska
Guest
It seems like a simple question but extremely important, I think all Christians would agree on that point. What is grace? Not types of grace, but what in general?
The Greek word we see used is “charis” which I was always taught from scholars means “unmerited” or “unearned” favor. I’d like to ask here, and get a Catholic perspective on it. It seems that there is a slightly different take on “grace” between many protestants and the way the RCC teaches it, or speaks of it. Sometimes it can seem like grace is an actual substance or “thing.”
Also, one thing that interests me is when we read and offer to each other “grace and peace.” We see the Apostles signing off their letters with such, so does that instill something or mean something? If someone says “grace and peace” to you, does that bestow grace upon the recipient as you would see coming from sacraments?
Thanks for any views offered! :curtsey:
The Greek word we see used is “charis” which I was always taught from scholars means “unmerited” or “unearned” favor. I’d like to ask here, and get a Catholic perspective on it. It seems that there is a slightly different take on “grace” between many protestants and the way the RCC teaches it, or speaks of it. Sometimes it can seem like grace is an actual substance or “thing.”
Also, one thing that interests me is when we read and offer to each other “grace and peace.” We see the Apostles signing off their letters with such, so does that instill something or mean something? If someone says “grace and peace” to you, does that bestow grace upon the recipient as you would see coming from sacraments?
Thanks for any views offered! :curtsey: