CDC Chief: ‘Masks More Guaranteed’ to Protect Against Virus than Vaccine

• Thread starter Thread starter Cathoholic
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Cathoholic

It doesn’t sound like he is too impressed with this vaccine.

By the way. These guys want the mask routine to be permanent. At least that is my opinion based on their actions.

CDC Chief: ‘Masks More Guaranteed’ to Protect Against Virus than Vaccine​

U.S. Senate Committee on Appropriations

EDWIN MORA

16 Sep 2020 Washington, DC

U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention Director Robert Redfield told a Senate panel on Wednesday that face masks are better at protecting against the coronavirus disease than a potential vaccine.

During a hearing on the federal response to COVID-19 (coronavirus disease) hosted by the Senate Appropriations Subcommittee on Health and Human Services, Dr. Redfield testified:
I might even go so far as to say that this face mask is more guaranteed to protect me against COVID than when I take a COVID vaccine because the immunogenicity [ability to provoke an immune response] may be 70 percent. And if I don’t get an immune response, the vaccine is not going to protect me. This face mask will.
The director of the CDC, a component of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), failed to cite any data to support his mask claim. . . .

Last edited:
We already discussed this very thoroughly.

What he is saying is that if the vaccine sparks immunity in only 70% of the people who get it, and masks protect people at a rate higher than 70%, then masks are more protective than vaccines.

If I get a vaccine, there is a 30% chance I will not be immune; however, I will not know whether I am immune of not until I actually get sick, so I should continue to wear a mask as it will have a protective effect, on the off hand chance K am in the 30% the vaccine does not work on.

What he is saying is that if the vaccine sparks immunity in only 70% of the people who get it, and masks protect people at a rate higher than 70%, then masks are more protective than vaccines.
Only the N95’s or better give that level of protection.

Your standard Chinese made surgical mask that says on the box “not for medical use” is nowhere near that good. Nor are cloth masks. In fact, they may actually make things worse. I posted about this a few weeks back along with a paper supporting this.

You’re right, I got that jumbled up 😳

The masks give a better level of protection if you are one of the 30% for whom the vaccine gives no protection. And you won’t know you are in that 30% group until you either get the virus or have your antibodies tested.

If you either get the virus and recover or test positive for antibodies, you don’t need to wear any mask at all.

The Chinese made masks will still spread the virus. They’re really useless and how useless they are can be seen by all the areas that are still popping despite masking for months! I’ll have to find my previous posts on this topic in order to expand on this point.

Tge question is, how consistent have people been about masking?

Where I live, people are quote consistent about it, buy a mere 15 miles away where my friend lives, a lot of people do not mask in stores, etc.

Last edited:
Zzyzx_Road . . .
They’re really useless and how useless they are can be seen by all the areas that are still popping despite masking for months!
A family member works in government.

They are scrupulous about mask-wearing and social distancing in their large ostentatious Government office.

My relative even has his/her own office inside that office further distancing him/her.

The whole office recently came down with corona virus.

This despite tight masking-up and social distancing measures.

Last edited:
A family member works in government.

They are scrupulous about mask-wearing and social distancing in their large ostentatious Government office.

My relative even has his/her own office inside that office further distancing him/her.

The whole office recently came down with corona virus.

This despite tight masking-up and social distancing measures.
Those cheap masks were just helping them pass it back and forth to each other.

Zzyzx_Road . . .
Those cheap masks were just helping them pass it back and forth to each other.
You could be right.

I am hoping perhaps they got a lower viral load and will more smoothly form immunity.

My relative (after bringing it home to his whole family) is doing really well as is the family. The only thing is, he/she is waiting to get their sense of smell back to normal. (Please pray for them.)

But then again I am always hoping for the best.

But the problem with the “masks = protection” message that we so often see is, I think that false message has hindered REAL research.

Or in other cases mask value may be overestimated.

But who knows when you are not allowed to do meaningful studies?

The Finland study on masks we were discussing on another thread cannot even be published (so far) due to the politicization of the mask issue.

This extreme politicization, especially in the face of no research (and not even a real definition of what even constitutes a “mask” is) really anti-science disguised as “science”.

So while politicians “politick” and want to look like they are doing something meaningful, real research continues to be hampered leaving these questions largely unanswered.

They do the same thing with global warming.
Likewise with hydroxychloriquine.
We will see politicization of corona virus vaccines too.

Everything to the left is politics. You can’t even watch a professional basketball game without being “politicked” by the left. (The national left does this because temporal power is their god. Subsequently politics is their religion).

So naturally, many people don’t watch pro basketball anymore (my neighbor refuses to watch pro football anymore because he’s fed-up with it all).

So these sports teams doing politics, are resulting in destruction if themselves! (Less fans = less profits. But they don’t seem to care. A higher [religious] value is at stake to them in their religion of secular humanism.)

The national left is even self-destructive in their sport business model.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back