M
MarthaSo
Guest
Well I am one of those women lol. I just wear stuff that fits me loose and comfy on the weekends when I don’t have to wear a business attire which i don’t like at all.
Exactly. I think it’s worth reflecting on the fact that women who are naturally curvy tend to feel a disproportionate need to hide under ill-fitting clothes. And, if that woman has the audacity to want to wear clothes that fit properly she can expect to be leered at by some men and shamed by some women who think she is immodest for being shaped how she is shaped.I also think conversations always seep into the whole ‘the female form is basically bad and should be hidden’ when curvier bodies are discussed.
It’s as if a person is ‘immodest’ if you can see that she has a big bust or hips.
I’d say it comes from a confused theology. The origin is an idea of modesty that focuses on what draws male attention, without other considerations. That tends to cause problems for women who are curvier and who get that attention because of their figures, even when they’re dressed in the same fit as a less curvy woman.I don’t even understand how that can be possible.
Absolutely. But…I was taught that “modesty” basically meant “dress appropriately for where you’re going” (like swimsuit is okay for the beach but not for church) “and don’t look like a stripper or hooker”.
Believe me, I know.Everything for me is very black and white.