Changes in 3rd ed. Missal BESIDES translation?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tractarian
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tractarian

Guest
All the news and information about the Missale Romanum 3rd ed. have focused pretty much exclusively on newer translations from the Latin to English. But since this is a 3rd Latin edition of the Missal, there must be some substantial differences from the 2nd Latin edition, which had been in use all my life.

Anybody knows what those changes are, between the 2nd & 3rd Latin editions? 🤷
 
I would guess that the new Latin version (2002, I believe) conforms scriptual quotations, or at least the lessons, to the Nova Biblia Vulgata.
 
Wow well that’s perfect! :tiphat: Exactly what I was looking for. (My Latin’s awful rusty 😊 but that’s no one’s fault but mine lol)

That is pretty odd, that the 2000 and 2002 publications had some textual differences but both were referred as the third edition. In software we’d call that v3.0 Beta and v3.0 Release 😉
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top