Chaplet of Divine Mercy

• Thread starter Thread starter starrs0
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

starrs0

Who here prays the Chaplet of Divine Mercy and if so how often?

YES! I LOVE the Chaplet of Divine Mercy!

I try to pray it every day but fail miserably…so I set my watch to go off at 3 pm every day, and if I have a moment at that time I’ll just say one line, “Eternal Father, I offer you the body and blood, soul and divinity, of your dearly beloved son, our Lord Jesus Christ, in atonement for our sins and those of the whole world. For the sake of his sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.”

I hope to complete the novena during Lent at least once.

I don’t have a very good prayer life…always working on this, but something about this chaplet keeps my attention and gives me fortitude to complete it.

I pray the chaplet, but not as often as I would like. You should read St. faustina’s biography–one of the best and most inspiring books I have ever read…It inspires you to have a better prayer life and relationship with God focusing on his mercy. I cannot recommend it enough. 🙂

I try to pray it every day around three, following a personal stations of the cross.

I learned it from the Mary Foundation Rosary CD and I fell in love with the DMC. Part of my every-chance-I get prayers.

Daily, three o’clock, on my drive home. Sometimes with Catholic radio.

40.png
starrs0:
Who here prays the Chaplet of Divine Mercy and if so how often?
I am in RCIA. I came across the Chaplet of Divine Mercy on EWTN. At first I let it set the mood for reading scripture. Then God started calling me to pray/sing along. Coming from a Protestant Christian background, I wasn’t sure about repetitive prayers… God, in His mercy and patience has shown me that it is NEVER wrong to call out for His mercy. I’ve found so much peace. It helps me to pray and interceed for others.

May God Bless
Sher

Church Militant:
I learned it from the Mary Foundation Rosary CD and I fell in love with the DMC. Part of my every-chance-I get prayers.
I also am learning that prayer by that CD (per your recommendation in another thread). Though I do not always pray it daily (the intention is there, but the action falls short some days :o ), I really like it and find it helpful on my spiritual journey.

I try to pray it as often as I can (unfortunaly, there are a lot of days that I do not:( )

I say it either at night or before Mass and the wonderful thing, is sometimes I arrive later than I normally do and so my DMC time is cut short, but I start it anyway and I have noticed that I do not speed up the prayer and ALWAYS God gives me the time I need to finish the prayer before Mass.

How powerful is this prayer! I am reading St. Faustina’s Diary and love it! I recommend it to everyone! 😃

I’m fortunate to have a very small Blessed Sacrament chapel in the hospital where I work…so I sneak off on my lunch time and say the Chaplet of Divine Mercy on my Rosary, then I switch off every other day and say the Rosary. I only have a half hr. for lunch so I make it quick.

40.png
ThornGenX:
I also am learning that prayer by that CD (per your recommendation in another thread). Though I do not always pray it daily (the intention is there, but the action falls short some days :o ), I really like it and find it helpful on my spiritual journey.
Cool! 👍

I pray it everyday on my way to work. For me, it is better than the morning coffee.
😃

That’s a good one, Fitz, I printed it out in August and have been using it ever since.

For those who like computers, here’s another good link for the Divine Mercy Chaplet. . .

markhargrave.com/chaplet.html

It doesn’t have the optional opening prayer, but once you’ve memorized that prayer, you’re good to go.

Tantum ergo:
That’s a good one, Fitz, I printed it out in August and have been using it ever since.

For those who like computers, here’s another good link for the Divine Mercy Chaplet. . .

markhargrave.com/chaplet.html

It doesn’t have the optional opening prayer, but once you’ve memorized that prayer, you’re good to go.
This site is awesome. Is their any other sites similiar to this one where you can say the prayer at your computer.

Clicking on this thread was immediately followed by my wrist watch signalling 1500h, time to pray. This being said, may I ask for clarification on the relationship between the chaplet of divine mercy and devotion to the sacred heart of Jesus? …pax

Yes…Everyday, it comes on EWTN at 7AM…and if I miss that one, again at 3PM

JCPhoenix said:
[snips]
YES! I LOVE the Chaplet of Divine Mercy!

. . . . something about this chaplet keeps my attention and gives me fortitude to complete it.

I’m wondering if there are any methods or techniques to keep one’s attention from drifting? What are the different things people think about when praying this chaplet?

:blessyou:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back