catholic03
Well-known member
Pax Christi:
I have been thinking about an issue lately that I am sure people rarely think about but is of great importance. Picture this: a man is wanting to watch a video about a perfectly moral topic on the internet. He searches for a video on the topic and two results come up. The first video is about the relevant topic and is hosted by a male. The second video is about the relevant topic and is hosted by a female. Because the man is naturally attracted to the opposite sex, there is a big chance that he will (unknowingly because it is his subconscious) watch the video by the woman due to his subconscious mind preferring it to the other video hosted by a male, whom he is obviously not attracted to. Suppose the man knows that he may be clicking on the video hosted by the woman due to his subconscious mind being attracted to it. Could that be a sin as he is aware that it may be for such reasons that he clicking on it, reasons that he could not know due to it being in his subconscious. Or, am I being too over the top about chastity?
I am surprised there is not already a thread on this topic…but, it is something to think about.
God Bless.
I have been thinking about an issue lately that I am sure people rarely think about but is of great importance. Picture this: a man is wanting to watch a video about a perfectly moral topic on the internet. He searches for a video on the topic and two results come up. The first video is about the relevant topic and is hosted by a male. The second video is about the relevant topic and is hosted by a female. Because the man is naturally attracted to the opposite sex, there is a big chance that he will (unknowingly because it is his subconscious) watch the video by the woman due to his subconscious mind preferring it to the other video hosted by a male, whom he is obviously not attracted to. Suppose the man knows that he may be clicking on the video hosted by the woman due to his subconscious mind being attracted to it. Could that be a sin as he is aware that it may be for such reasons that he clicking on it, reasons that he could not know due to it being in his subconscious. Or, am I being too over the top about chastity?
I am surprised there is not already a thread on this topic…but, it is something to think about.
God Bless.
Last edited: