Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JMJ_Pinoy

**Researcher Says Children’s ‘Tolerance’ Video Promotes Homosexuality
**Latest Version Going Out to Public and Private Schools Nationwide

By Jim Brown and Jody Brown
January 4, 2005

(AgapePress) - A pro-family group is accusing homosexual activists of using popular children’s TV characters to indoctrinate young children into their lifestyle. Specifically, the group is questioning the intention of a new children’s video featuring those characters.

SpongeBob SquarePants, Barney the Dinosaur, Arthur, Dora the Explorer, JoJo, Clifford the Big Red Dog, Big Bird, Bob the Builder – those and many others are among the characters starring in a music video remake of the 1970s song “We Are Family” that is designed to promote diversity and tolerance in the classroom. A special DVD version will be distributed to 61,000 public and private elementary schools nationwide, along with lesson plans for teachers. Distribution of the DVD is being donated by FedEx.

Ed Vitagliano, a researcher for the American Family Association, questions the motives behind the project. The problem, he says, is that it is an “open door” to a secondary discussion of homosexuality.

“When you go to the We Are Family Foundation website, there is a ‘tolerance pledge’ that children and others are encouraged to sign, which includes sexual orientation,” he explains. That, he says, is the crux of the problem. “While we want everyone to respect other people’s beliefs, we do not consider it appropriate for children’s television to be used in an effort to indoctrinate children to accept homosexuality.”

The pro-family researcher sees an age-old tactic being employed by those behind the project. “This is a bait-and-switch approach. It’s been used for years,” he says, “and homosexuals are now using well-known and beloved children’s television characters in an effort to use [them] as bait and switch.”

Vitagliano says the objective behind the video is to get children to the Foundation’s website – “and there they’re given the full pitch about homosexuality,” he adds. In addition, the researcher says he has been told by numerous homosexual activists that teaching tolerance for all people while excluding discussion of homosexuality is not an appropriate approach.

The new video, recorded in November 2004, is scheduled to air simultaneously on Nickelodeon, PBS, and the Disney Channel in March 2005. Earlier versions of the video aired in March 2002 and September 2002 via those same networks.

headlines.agapepress.org/archive/1/afa/42005c.asp

I, for one, am outraged that they are using some of these characters to promote homosexuality. :banghead: But Barney the Dinosaur… I kinda saw it coming, LOL. 😛

Is there anything safe for our kids to watch other than Veggie Tales?

JMJ_Pinoy said:
I, for one, am outraged** that they are using some of these characters to promote homosexuality. :banghead: But Barney the Dinosaur… I kinda saw it coming, LOL. 😛

Uhh duh…he’s giant and purple

All kidding aside…what IN THE VIEDO acceps homosexuality? from what I read it sounds like the thing kids have to sign is out of wack.

I, for one, agree with what my aunt once said…its far too dangerous in this world to teach kids, especally younger ones, to sign their name all the time. By the time they get older it means nothing…and they don’t think when they sign an important document or things of that nature

Yeah, Barney was kind of a purple flag, Huh:D God Bless

yall arent going to like what i have to say but im going to say it anyway. i see no harm in teaching kids to tolerate different people as long as they have a stable home life that teaches them what is moral and right, then why not also teach them to love and accept everyone. i believe someone put it “hate the sin love the sinner”?

40.png
TarAshly:
yall arent going to like what i have to say but im going to say it anyway. i see no harm in teaching kids to tolerate different people as long as they have a stable home life that teaches them what is moral and right, then why not also teach them to love and accept everyone. i believe someone put it “hate the sin love the sinner”?
I agree that there is no harm in teaching kids to tolerate different people. But a lot of kids are already being taught that in school. Why can’t they just watch Arthur? Why can’t they just be taught to be nice to people? I don’t think sexual orientation should be mentioned to little children, who have very little knowledge, if any, about such things. Why not teach them to tolerate polygamists, pedophiles, and people who practice beastiality? I don’t like seeing how so much concerning sexuality is being taught to little children. What will be taught to them next, “how to protect yourself from AIDS?” :banghead:

40.png
TarAshly:
As a parent of two (soon to be three), I don’t want my children being taught anything about sexuality in school let alone homosexuality. They are too young to comprehend sexuality. I also wouldn’t want my children asking me, “Daddy, what is a ‘homosexual?’” They shouldn’t be exposed to it in school.
Our oldest is turning 5 in March, so I have a little time to figure out at what age they should be learning about the birds and the bees. Personally, I would rather my children be home-schooled, but again, we a little time to work that out.

Peace everyone!
Todd

My friend’s son was assaulted by a man in a SpongeBob suit. If you think I’m joking, I’m not, so please don’t accuse me of antyhing like that. It’s very upsetting for them and they lost a court case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back