Y
Young_Thinker
Guest
Hello everyone. Easter is fast approaching, and I am anxious to be formally received into the Church (I am going to be given 3 sacraments in one day!). However, I am still a little indecisive about selecting a saint for confirmation. Maybe I am overthinking it. I have considered many different individuals- biblical figures (like Moses), philosophers or theologians, Popes, visionaries, etc. I may be overthinking this. For instance, I do not know if choose a theologian (e.g. Aquinas or Augustine) because I might disagree with him. I also do not know if I choose the Blessed Virgin since I talk to Her anyway. In addition, saints who were in positions of power, particularily in Middle Ages or Renaissance, may have had policies that many of us today might find a bit objectionable (such as brutality in dealing with heresy or witchcraft or hostility towards Jews). Others, such as St. Joseph, we know relatively little about. I know that saints were imperfect just like we are, but I wonder if we should seek out the wisest or most virtuous. I would appreciate any advice about this.