D
deanarrca
Guest
This morning I received a comment on my blog about how selfish it was for my sil to have chosen to put my nephew on a ventilator.I have often wondered what I would have done in my sil in law’s shoes. Would I have let nature taken it’s course or not. I also know there are different viewpoints and every situation is different. However, when given all the true facts I just don’t get selfish?
Anyway on my blog I wanted to explore this issue:
Quality of Life Issues: Life on a Ventilator does not mean a painful or poorer quality of life.
Quality of Life Issues: Choosing Life on a Ventilator, Is it Selfish? Is It Giving Others False-Hope? What do you think?
I know kinda a shameless plug to drive some traffic to my blog- But these types of ethical questions interest me. Also I think because of the fact they hit so close to home.
My nephew Samuel was born with a condition called Thanatophoric Dysplasia which is a condition that is considered incompatible with life. My Sister-in-law and brother-in-law went against Doctors wishes and did not have a therapeutic abortion. They also went against Dr’s wishes and had him put on a ventilator. He is now 4 and although he lives life on a ventilator is a happy bubbly child doing all kinds of things the Dr’s said he would never be able to do.
Anyway on my blog I wanted to explore this issue:
Quality of Life Issues: Life on a Ventilator does not mean a painful or poorer quality of life.
Quality of Life Issues: Choosing Life on a Ventilator, Is it Selfish? Is It Giving Others False-Hope? What do you think?
I know kinda a shameless plug to drive some traffic to my blog- But these types of ethical questions interest me. Also I think because of the fact they hit so close to home.
My nephew Samuel was born with a condition called Thanatophoric Dysplasia which is a condition that is considered incompatible with life. My Sister-in-law and brother-in-law went against Doctors wishes and did not have a therapeutic abortion. They also went against Dr’s wishes and had him put on a ventilator. He is now 4 and although he lives life on a ventilator is a happy bubbly child doing all kinds of things the Dr’s said he would never be able to do.