Chris Matthews on the Democrats

• Thread starter Thread starter jlw
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jlw

EVEN CHRIS MATTHEWS COULDN’T DEFEND THE DEMS YESTERDAY MORNING K. J. Lopez]
From the Imus show: Imus: “Have you noticed or maybe not, how similar Harry Reid’s voice pitch is to Tom Daschle?”

MSNBC’s Chris Matthews: “It’s not Knute Rockne at halftime.”

Imus: “Well no but…”

Chris Matthews: “There is something precious about it and why do these guys always elect somebody who’s precious. It must be because in the chambers, when they’re talking to each other you don’t have to be Knute Rockne. It’s all about these little whispers ‘I can help you with that’ or ‘You want to go home Thursday, you’ve got to go home for that thing, let me help you with that’ and it must be very special. But these guys are not Lyndon Johnson, Sam Rayburn, or Tip O’Neill. Tip O’Neill hated whispers, couldn’t stand them. I worked with him for six years, he couldn’t stand people that came around with their soft little precious voices. He wanted you to thunder out what you believed and what you cared about, and that kind of democrat whether it’s Hubert Humphrey, or it’s Jack Kennedy or Johnson or Tip, where are they? I mean you knew where they stood because they told you. You know Tip would have been out today saying, ‘Good work Regan, you know I didn’t think it was going to happene but damn good job I salute you’. He would make it simple. Tom Foley would do that. I remember writing a speech for Foley and he said, ‘Give the president credit. Don’t quibble’. I think these guys quibble and say, ‘Well he’s sorta good but I’m not sure, I’m not sure about the troops, shouldn’t they be home?’ After the troops accomplish they’re biggest mission in years, bringing democracy to a country and letting people vote, the first thing the democrats are saying over the weekend is, ‘Bring the troops home, now, today!’ You’ve got to wonder if they are grown ups.”

Imus: “Well, you wouldn’t be talking about John Kerry on Meet the Press would you?”

Chris Matthews: “Yeah I don’t get it. You’re talking about Cabot being off key, he was completely off key.”

Imus: “Oh man that was disastrous.”

One has to wonder how many dems are now glad Kerry did not win.

I agree with Chris Mathews this time. When you try to ‘nuance’ your answers and play both sides you just confuse people and they lose respect for you. I think that’s the same trap many of our bishops had fallen into and are only just now snapping out of it.

You have to say clearly and boldly “this is what I believe and I think we should move in this direction”. Thats what Bush did and many people voted for him even though they may have disliked him personally or those around him or even his policies. They respected his conviction.

40.png
TPJCatholic:
One has to wonder how many dems are now glad Kerry did not win.
I think there were many dems were were happy Gore wasn’t their president too.

Did anyone else see Kerry on Meet the Press?? I didn’t, but a friend of mine said it was pathetic. And he’s a democrat!

jlw,

Yeah, we have no way of knowing what the future holds for Iraq…yet the fact the Iraqi’s voted should be something every American can and should celebrate. Sometimes we just have to have the ability to acknowledge when good things happen, not only the bad things.

40.png
jlw:
I think there were many dems were were happy Gore wasn’t their president too.

Did anyone else see Kerry on Meet the Press?? I didn’t, but a friend of mine said it was pathetic. And he’s a democrat!
I knew quite a few in 2001 who were glad that Gore did not win. And many of them voted Bush in 04.

I saw kerry, and yes, he was entirely pathetic. I got to hear his 4 pt plan again. Memo to Kerry: You lost, you can stop campaigning now.

40.png
mommy:
I knew quite a few in 2001 who were glad that Gore did not win. And many of them voted Bush in 04.

I saw kerry, and yes, he was entirely pathetic. I got to hear his 4 pt plan again. Memo to Kerry: You lost, you can stop campaigning now.
And yet, he STILL can’t give a direct answer to anything!!! He’s like his own SNL parody of himself. Geez…

And WHY in the heck would he say he was running guns TO the Khmer Rouge (Pot Pot communists!) in 1969?? WHAT???

So not only is he giving aid to communists TRYING TO KILL HIM, but with the assistance of Navy SEALS and the CIA???

AND doing all of this PRIOR to the acutal existence of said Khmer Rouge (not until 1971 at the earliest)???

40.png
TPJCatholic:
jlw,

Yeah, we have no way of knowing what the future holds for Iraq…yet the fact the Iraqi’s voted should be something every American can and should celebrate. Sometimes we just have to have the ability to acknowledge when good things happen, not only the bad things.
The same thing could have been said about us in 1789. If the Iraqi people truely want to be self governing, they’ll make it work. If they like being pushed around by rich, ruthless dictator, they’ll have that in a few years. We can only open the door for the Iraqi people. We can’t MAKE them want to be free.

I think Mathhews was right on point with the sort weak, whispery voice that many of the Dems use. Harry Reid comes off as such a Caspar Milquetoast. He has sort of a pale rabbity appearance and it’s set off with a gasping for every word way of speaking. I agree, there are more than a few with this persona. Similarly I think the women have a very similar way of speaking and intonation. I can’t tell the difference between Boxer and Hillary unless I know who’s speaking. They really need a stemwinder of a speechmaker to get that party livened up again. Apparently even pro Dem publications say that the Reid/Pelosi rebuttal to the President’s SOTU address is going to be “a big yawn.”

Lisa N

I think Mathhews was right on point with the sort weak, whispery voice that many of the Dems use. Harry Reid comes off as such a Caspar Milquetoast. He has sort of a pale rabbity appearance and it’s set off with a gasping for every word way of speaking. I agree, there are more than a few with this persona. I think the women have a very similar way of speaking and intonation. I can’t tell the difference between Boxer and Hillary unless I know who’s speaking. They really need a stemwinder of a speechmaker to get that party livened up again. Apparently even pro Dem publications say that the Reid/Pelosi rebuttal to the President’s SOTU address is going to be “a big yawn.”

Lisa N

Lisa N:
I think Mathhews was right on point with the sort weak, whispery voice that many of the Dems use. Harry Reid comes off as such a Caspar Milquetoast. He has sort of a pale rabbity appearance and it’s set off with a gasping for every word way of speaking. I agree, there are more than a few with this persona. I think the women have a very similar way of speaking and intonation. I can’t tell the difference between Boxer and Hillary unless I know who’s speaking. They really need a stemwinder of a speechmaker to get that party livened up again. Apparently even pro Dem publications say that the Reid/Pelosi rebuttal to the President’s SOTU address is going to be “a big yawn.”

Lisa N
I’m watching Reid’s post State of the Union response. What is it with the democrat party and such soft men? First Daschle and now Reid.

40.png
swampfox:
I’m watching Reid’s post State of the Union response. What is it with the democrat party and such soft men? First Daschle and now Reid.
If you listen to the DNC response to the SOTU address last night, is there any wonder why the Democrats are loosing ground with the American public. They all sound like a bunch of disillusioned cry-babies. They should change the name to the “Sour Grapes” party.

Har har…I used to watch all the chatter shows regularly but lately I’ve grown tired of them, then I miss a gem like this. Yes something is definite wrong here. It calls to mind Ann Douglas’s “Feminization of American Culture” which was written ages ago but it accurately described the trajectory of softening from rock-hard Calvinism down to the slush, gush and mush of today’s culture.

It can only get worse. Anyone who stands up loud and clear for principle is going to be labeled as “arrogant,” “bigoted,” “hateful,” or worse yet, “a big MEANIE.”

I can’t tell the difference between Boxer and Hillary unless I know who’s speaking. They really need a stemwinder of a speechmaker to get that party livened up again. Apparently even pro Dem publications say that the Reid/Pelosi rebuttal to the President’s SOTU address is going to be “a big yawn.”
I can’t tell the difference either Lisa. Perhps now that HC is doing an ambush make-over as a moderate, we will have chance on clearing up the confusion. Boxer was a disgrace at the Gonzales hearings. Nancy Pelosi just makes me ill. Reid is a big yawn too. When Daschle left I thought “oh good they’ll never have any this bad…” How wrong I was.
They all sound like a bunch of disillusioned cry-babies. They should change the name to the “Sour Grapes” party.
How true Scott. Did you see Kerry’s behavior during teh SOTU? It was just above passing notes- very immature and disrespectful. The jeers were wholly unnacpetable. Those were our lawmakers in that room acting like college students. Did they take lessons from Howard Dean?..YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back