S
swampboy
Guest
I was looking at the chart from the following site
churchlatin.com/library/books/douayrheims/charts.pdf
regarding the use of the term “Christ” in the original Douay-Rheims OT and how it has changed over time. I can’t read the original languages so I do not know how Christi, Christo, Christus, etc. should be translated, but according to this chart it seems that as time has gone on “Christ” has been removed and replaced with “the anointed one”, even in the Challoner DR to some degree…this seems as if it would have significant implications. The RSV has entirely removed the term Christ from the OT, at least in the instances cited in this chart, and it is used by modern scholars and is considered to be relatively accurate. What is the correct translation and why was it changed? Is this significant from a prophetic standpoint?
churchlatin.com/library/books/douayrheims/charts.pdf
regarding the use of the term “Christ” in the original Douay-Rheims OT and how it has changed over time. I can’t read the original languages so I do not know how Christi, Christo, Christus, etc. should be translated, but according to this chart it seems that as time has gone on “Christ” has been removed and replaced with “the anointed one”, even in the Challoner DR to some degree…this seems as if it would have significant implications. The RSV has entirely removed the term Christ from the OT, at least in the instances cited in this chart, and it is used by modern scholars and is considered to be relatively accurate. What is the correct translation and why was it changed? Is this significant from a prophetic standpoint?