• Thread starter Thread starter jlw
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jlw

I love being counter-culture!
I love to rankle the feathers of the “establishment” in academia, media, etc
I love to stick out like a sore thumb with my “pro-life” bumper sticker and my (gasp) 3 children and say cherily “We would love more”.
I love being Christain in the face of so much anti-christain TV shows, news accounts, and movies.
I love being Catholic in the face of 20,000 different protestant denominations.
I love giving the boomers a taste of what they gave their parents 40 years ago!

Sounds like some pretty good stuff you’ve got there, man. Pass it along to me so I can have a puff, will ya? HOLY SMOKE!

INCENSE!

Yeeeeeeeah.

We hippies loooove our incense. Helps cover up the smell from our stinky bare feet.

Wanna come meditate with me?

40.png
gilliam:
Does this mean I can wear flowers in my hair?
You mean while you are the female priestess celebrating Mass?

I love giving the boomers a taste of what they gave their parents 40 years ago!
As a boomer who gave “it” to my parents 40 years ago, I guess I am STILL counter culture now that I’m a pro-life, anti-media, Catholic radical! 😃
Now where did I pack away that headband & peasent blouse…

I can be considered a ‘radical Catholic’, but we need to remember to be radical with Charity. I would like to ‘stick it’ in ohter peoples faces, but that really would get you anywhere, but trouble.

You can be a radical but the Holy Spirit is a radical on a higher level. All we do is plant the seeds, and let the Holy Spirit do the rest.

Go with God!
Edwin

40.png
catsrus:
As a boomer who gave “it” to my parents 40 years ago, I guess I am STILL counter culture now that I’m a pro-life, anti-media, Catholic radical! 😃
Now where did I pack away that headband & peasent blouse…
I am an early boomer, and old enough to remember when feminism meant sisterhood, value your feminity, celebrate motherhood, return to breastfeeding, and all that earth mother stuff. Remember nursing baby at a Common Cause meeting and all the guys in blazers with leather patches on the elbow tut-tutting. Remember refusing to comply with disposable diaper rule at day care and bringing toxic-waste baggie for the used cloth diapers. Remember walking out of a peace rally with my 2 kids in the stroller because speakers started talking about legalizing pot and abortion. used to remember the French for the more things change, the more they remain the same, but I have used up my memory quota for one night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back