Christian Music

• Thread starter Thread starter ccav
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to share…I just bought an Aaron Neville CD “Believe” and I really like it. Never really thought of him as a Christian singer, but this CD is only religious themed music. If you are a fan of his, I definitely recommend!

Brenda M.

i feel the need to point out that ‘awesome God’ was originally recorded by rich mullins, and written by his friend beaker.

rich mullins is my alltime fav. i would recommend others, but it really depends on your taste in music. perhaps if you told us what you like to listen to, i could recommend some groups or artists that fit your taste.

i work for a christian bookstore, and for years i bought music for the store. so i pretty much know what’s out there. what do you like?

40.png
jeffreedy789:
i feel the need to point out that ‘awesome God’ was originally recorded by rich mullins, and written by his friend beaker.

rich mullins is my alltime fav. i would recommend others, but it really depends on your taste in music. perhaps if you told us what you like to listen to, i could recommend some groups or artists that fit your taste.

i work for a christian bookstore, and for years i bought music for the store. so i pretty much know what’s out there. what do you like?
Dear jeffreedy789,

I am not well-informed like you, but much of the CCM I hear on the radio just sounds like noise to me. My wife likes to tune the radio to CCM but I’d rather hear a talk show or a good sermon, or maybe classical music.

That is, unless Rich Mullins (R.I.P.) is on. Then I leave the channel where it is.

From my limited view there is Rich Mullins, and then there is the rest of CCM. My favorite album is the combination CD/DVD they made after he died (help me out I can’t remember the name), followed by Songs CD, and Liturgy, Legacy and a Ragamuffin Band CD. I also have piano music to the latter two albums and sometimes sneak in a little of his music before Mass or as Communion meditation.

Come to think of it, I also like some of his other CD’s: Brother’s Keeper, The World As Best as I can Remember it, Here in America, and Winds of Heaven and Stuff of Earth.

Alan

most of what they play on the radio, in my opinion, IS noise! in fact, i’ve been growing away from the CCM scene for some time. it’s gotten pretty cheesy.

but there IS some good stuff. steve taylor is very good, caedmon’s call is nothing to sneeze at, michelle tumes is WONDERFUL, jennifer knapp is a fav of mine, violet burning is a great band, and alot of third day’s stuff is good. rachel lampa’s kaleidoscope album is a fav of mine. old susan ashton is really good.

once again, though, i’d hesitate to recommend anything in particular until know what you like.

For those who like metal, Skillet is a great Christian band. Excellent heavy music with incredible energy and great lyrics! You can go to their website and listen to some of their music for free.

More on Rich Mullins. Some of his songs, really move me. Especially all of the ones on the jesus Record which was a demo (disc 2 in the set) done only 9 days before his death. I implore you to sample it if you can. Interested if we have any more of his fans here.

The article, about his move towards becoming Catholic, is a tad bit too big to paste here.

tmatt.gospelcom.net/column/1998/05/06/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back