Christian who doesn't believe in God

• Thread starter Thread starter tuopaolo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tuopaolo

In an interview on EWTN with Cardinal Pell, Pell said that the Church is not a club of free thinkers, that some things have to be believed and mentioned, but not by name, a non-Catholic ecclesial community which had for a time a member – I got the impression it was a cleric – that didn’t believe in God. Fr Neuhaus said that to be fair it was controversial within that community, etc.

Does anyone know more about this? What church/ecclesial community did this happen in? Judging from Fr Neuhaus’ reaction maybe it was a Lutheran community.

I thought Pell’s example was great.

40.png
tuopaolo:
In an interview on EWTN with Cardinal Pell, Pell said that the Church is not a club of free thinkers, that some things have to be believed and mentioned, but not by name, a non-Catholic ecclesial community which had for a time a member – I got the impression it was a cleric – that didn’t believe in God. Fr Neuhaus said that to be fair it was controversial within that community, etc.

Does anyone know more about this? What church/ecclesial community did this happen in? Judging from Fr Neuhaus’ reaction maybe it was a Lutheran community.

I thought Pell’s example was great.
I did not see that interview with Cardinal Pell but I’m confused. How can you claim to be a christian and not believe in God. I wonder what happened to that cleric? If he’s a cleric than that means he’s a minister right? How can you preach a homily if you don’t believe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back