I like it. We venerate and display the bones of Saints. You can see the skull of St. Valentine on display in Rome, for instance. All those good Capuchin monks over the years are likewise displayed, and not forgotten. I think it’s a beautiful example of the Catholic belief that Jesus has overthrown the power of death, which is why Saints’ feast days are on the date of their deaths (often by martyrdom), not their birthday. It’s why the folk practice of dressing as skeletons and ghosts began on the eve of the Feast of All Saints’ Day. St. Paul mocked the power of death, which so terrified the pagan world, with the promise of everlasting life: Death, where is thy sting?
Modern secular culture denies the inevitability of death, with its obsession with youth. These older cultures bravely confront it.
Over the Capuchin crypt in Rome, made of thousands of bones of the faithful departed, is posted a blunt reminder to reform while there is still time, mixed with a hope for Salvation: “What you are now, I was. What I am, you shall be.”