W
WhitSunday
Guest
Hi, I’ve been looking for an answer to this question for a while, and wanted to get your opinions on it.
At my church, no one kneels after the sanctus (“Holy, holy, holy”). From what I’ve read, this seems to be a liturgical abuse, and that the congregation should be kneeling. Other parishes in our area do. Imho, even if there’s some loophole that says we don’t absolutely have to, we should be anyway, because of Transubstantiation and the real presence).
Any suggestions for how to bring this up respectfully but firmly with my parish priest?
Also, what are the rules for lay lectors reading on an “unusual” Sunday (like Palm/Passion Sunday, Holy Week, Christmas, etc.)?
Last year, I was asked to read parts of the Passion along with another (male) lector and the priest. Was this “against the rules”? (Recently, I’ve found that no one but the priest is supposed to read the words of Christ, and both I and the other lay lector read the words of Christ last year. I didn’t know there was a problem with it at the time, because the lector coordinator made it sound fine and normal…)
I’m not trying to nitpick, I’m just trying to be a good, “law-abiding” Catholic (I mean heck, if I’m Catholic, I ought to be serious about it, right
?)
Thanks!!!
At my church, no one kneels after the sanctus (“Holy, holy, holy”). From what I’ve read, this seems to be a liturgical abuse, and that the congregation should be kneeling. Other parishes in our area do. Imho, even if there’s some loophole that says we don’t absolutely have to, we should be anyway, because of Transubstantiation and the real presence).
Any suggestions for how to bring this up respectfully but firmly with my parish priest?
Also, what are the rules for lay lectors reading on an “unusual” Sunday (like Palm/Passion Sunday, Holy Week, Christmas, etc.)?
Last year, I was asked to read parts of the Passion along with another (male) lector and the priest. Was this “against the rules”? (Recently, I’ve found that no one but the priest is supposed to read the words of Christ, and both I and the other lay lector read the words of Christ last year. I didn’t know there was a problem with it at the time, because the lector coordinator made it sound fine and normal…)
I’m not trying to nitpick, I’m just trying to be a good, “law-abiding” Catholic (I mean heck, if I’m Catholic, I ought to be serious about it, right
Thanks!!!
