T
theneoster
Guest
Dear brethren in Holy Mother Church,
At the behest of the Catholic Answers Fora’s Administrator(s), I personally would like to invoke intercession on behalf those who, in seeking their calling, have (like me) met so far only with the resistence of bureaucratic gurus, who in our day have a tendency to style themselves as vocation directors and other clergy/religious while demonstrating at best a diminished regard for orthodoxy and common sense.
In other words, I pray for a more spiritual, Evangelo-centric religious landscape among the professed and the men of the cloth, so that young men and women who actually subscribe to such old-fashioned, universalist views of faith and ethics may have a home within the Church’s work of (supposedly) preaching and serving.
(If anyone else, as we end this Pauline year, senses, as I sense, a calling to be a true “apostle to the gentiles” instead of putting up with the all-too-common system-serving runaround, please feel free to message me so we can rebuild the Church from the inside like Sts Francis of Assisi and Philip Neri or perhaps evangelize pagans like Sts Paul the Apostle and Patrick!)
Have a Mary Christmas and Happy Holy Days!
John
At the behest of the Catholic Answers Fora’s Administrator(s), I personally would like to invoke intercession on behalf those who, in seeking their calling, have (like me) met so far only with the resistence of bureaucratic gurus, who in our day have a tendency to style themselves as vocation directors and other clergy/religious while demonstrating at best a diminished regard for orthodoxy and common sense.
In other words, I pray for a more spiritual, Evangelo-centric religious landscape among the professed and the men of the cloth, so that young men and women who actually subscribe to such old-fashioned, universalist views of faith and ethics may have a home within the Church’s work of (supposedly) preaching and serving.
(If anyone else, as we end this Pauline year, senses, as I sense, a calling to be a true “apostle to the gentiles” instead of putting up with the all-too-common system-serving runaround, please feel free to message me so we can rebuild the Church from the inside like Sts Francis of Assisi and Philip Neri or perhaps evangelize pagans like Sts Paul the Apostle and Patrick!)
Have a Mary Christmas and Happy Holy Days!
John