B
brent68
Guest
I’ve seen many quotes attributed to early church fathers in the 3rd century. Are there any writings from early church fathers in the 2nd century and earlier (post-NT)?
1 Clement, Justin Martyr and Irenaeus (against heresies) are worth a read. Also Polycarp.I’ve seen many quotes attributed to early church fathers in the 3rd century. Are there any writings from early church fathers in the 2nd century and earlier (post-NT)?
Could anyone even begin to fathom why I would be yelled at for even mentioning the Didache, much less reading it?Don’t forget the Didache, possibly written before some parts of the NT.
Who yelled at you about this, and in what circumstances? :SCould anyone even begin to fathom why I would be yelled at for even mentioning the Didache, much less reading it?
I am very serious. I was admonished for wanting to learn more of it.
Who were you yelled at by? I can think of a few reasons, depending on who did the yelling. BTW, you should read it.Could anyone even begin to fathom why I would be yelled at for even mentioning the Didache, much less reading it?
I am very serious. I was admonished for wanting to learn more of it.
No idea, unless they were non Catholic sola scriptura believers. But otherwise, doesnt the Catechism cite the Didache in places??Could anyone even begin to fathom why I would be yelled at for even mentioning the Didache, much less reading it?
I am very serious. I was admonished for wanting to learn more of it.
One good book is The teaching of the Catholic Fathers by John R. Willis SJ it has a lot of 2nd century writings you might be interested in.
Fairly sure it does. And no, not a non Catholic. Imagine my confusion.No idea, unless they were non Catholic sola scriptura believers. But otherwise, doesnt the Catechism cite the Didache in places??
That is an easy read too!Don’t forget the Didache, possibly written before some parts of the NT.
like?Who were you yelled at by? I can think of a few reasons, depending on who did the yelling. BTW, you should read it.