M
maireteresa
Guest
EVERY morning Father Michael looks out of the window of his Harare parish house and sees an ever larger crowd of homeless families outside. “I feel helpless,” said the Jesuit priest, who was too terrified to give his real name.
"I keep telling them my little homilies, that the violent will
not win, they will have to answer for what they have done, but I see a city ringed by fire.
“People who worked to look after their families - carpenters,
metalworkers, street vendors and caterers - have been turned into beggars by their own government. This is a crime against humanity and all we can do is give them black plastic sheeting.”
Read the rest of this article at:
zimbabwesituation.com/jun19a_2005.html#link5
"I keep telling them my little homilies, that the violent will
not win, they will have to answer for what they have done, but I see a city ringed by fire.
“People who worked to look after their families - carpenters,
metalworkers, street vendors and caterers - have been turned into beggars by their own government. This is a crime against humanity and all we can do is give them black plastic sheeting.”
Read the rest of this article at:
zimbabwesituation.com/jun19a_2005.html#link5