Church teaching on Divorce

  • Thread starter Thread starter Frankk
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes the Church recognizes such a marriage (there needs to be permissioons…) as a non-sacramental but yes a valid marriage. Be the one party Jewish…Muslim…Morman…etc…

But yes they would need an annulment…a finding that the marriage was not valid …
I guess I do not understand the meaning of “sacramental”. But, thank you.
 
I guess I do not understand the meaning of “sacramental”. But, thank you.
Meaning it is a sacrament.

A valid marriage between two baptized persons is a “Sacrament”. vatican.va/archive/catechism/p2s2.htm

vatican.va/archive/catechism/p2s2c3.htm

A valid marriage where at least one person is not baptized…is a “natural marriage”.

If later the one not baptized is baptized…or if both are not and they are baptized…it becomes a Sacrament.

vatican.va/archive/catechism/p2s2c3a7.htm
 
Perhaps a separation is the better answer. There is absolutely no remarrying, I would not say that any church would want a person to stay in an abusive environment, especially with children, but there should be loving, faithful, and hopeful prayer that the abuser will be enlightened to what he/she has been doing. Sometimes it is very hard to see what you are doing wrong unless you can open your mind and heart to the fact that you are flawed. Try to see the worst in yourself and try to change to save the love filled marriage, after all with God as the bond there must be a solid foundation, right?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top