P
Polak
Guest
I partially got into this in another topic, but wanted to create one just for this by itself.
The question is, when does a sin actually count as sin?
I’m hearing that if you don’t know that it’s a sin and you do it, you’re not sinning.
So the follow up question is, what counts as not knowing something is a sin?
I understand if you have never been informed by anyway that something you are doing is sinful, then you can’t know you are sinning. What about people who are told, by Christians for example, that what they do is sinful and angers/upsets God, but they just choose not to believe what they are told? Are they sinning? They have been told, but you don’t believe what they have been told, so as far as they are concerned, it isn’t a sin. Is that just ignorance on their part and they are sinning, or are they not sinning because they don’t believe what they are doing is a sin?
The question is, when does a sin actually count as sin?
I’m hearing that if you don’t know that it’s a sin and you do it, you’re not sinning.
So the follow up question is, what counts as not knowing something is a sin?
I understand if you have never been informed by anyway that something you are doing is sinful, then you can’t know you are sinning. What about people who are told, by Christians for example, that what they do is sinful and angers/upsets God, but they just choose not to believe what they are told? Are they sinning? They have been told, but you don’t believe what they have been told, so as far as they are concerned, it isn’t a sin. Is that just ignorance on their part and they are sinning, or are they not sinning because they don’t believe what they are doing is a sin?