L
lucymeadhbh
Guest
Hello everyone,
I’m finding it hard to meditate on my sins without despairing (thinking I’m disgusting, weird, and a horrible, unlovable person) even those I have confessed. I know it is because I don’t love myself enough and have low self esteem, and the trouble is I wouldn’t commit these sins in the first place if I loved myself more. So it is a vicious circle.
A major thought that keeps bugging me lately is that Jesus will read out our sins in front of everyone on the last day. Does this include ones where we are truly contrite and have confessed and received absolution for? That would surely mean that there are no sins truly forgiven while we are here on earth, not even those in heaven have sins forgiven, they are almost placed in a sin cold storage area to be dredged up again on Judgement Day.
Your advice and prayers will be greatly appreciated.
God Bless,
Meadhbh
I’m finding it hard to meditate on my sins without despairing (thinking I’m disgusting, weird, and a horrible, unlovable person) even those I have confessed. I know it is because I don’t love myself enough and have low self esteem, and the trouble is I wouldn’t commit these sins in the first place if I loved myself more. So it is a vicious circle.
A major thought that keeps bugging me lately is that Jesus will read out our sins in front of everyone on the last day. Does this include ones where we are truly contrite and have confessed and received absolution for? That would surely mean that there are no sins truly forgiven while we are here on earth, not even those in heaven have sins forgiven, they are almost placed in a sin cold storage area to be dredged up again on Judgement Day.
Your advice and prayers will be greatly appreciated.
God Bless,
Meadhbh
