M
mmm1
Guest
Hi guys. I was just wondering what parents felt about Facebook. I really know very little about it, but my 14 year old daughter is just starting to be interested in it. She didn’t really want to join, but recently she had an experience where a teacher asked everyone who has Facebook to raise their hand (
). She was one of two kids who didn’t raise their hand, so now she is, of course, interested. She has admitted she doesn’t really want one, but doesn’t want to be the only kid in school, youth group, etc. who doesn’t have one.
I know so little about it… Can anyone check out people’s Facebook pages or do you have to be registered? Does my daughter have to know them or allow them to access her page? Would she be chatting with strangers in groups? I’ve never even looked at people’s pages because I have thought you have to be registered. Does everyone have pictures? It seems like the kids put so much info out there, I’m afraid she or a friend would slip & release some private info that would be dangerous.
I guess I’ve been to too many of those safety lectures for parents that scare you, but don’t give much specific info. I welcome any advice or opinions you guys have, because I am not even sure what questions to ask… Thanks!
I know so little about it… Can anyone check out people’s Facebook pages or do you have to be registered? Does my daughter have to know them or allow them to access her page? Would she be chatting with strangers in groups? I’ve never even looked at people’s pages because I have thought you have to be registered. Does everyone have pictures? It seems like the kids put so much info out there, I’m afraid she or a friend would slip & release some private info that would be dangerous.
I guess I’ve been to too many of those safety lectures for parents that scare you, but don’t give much specific info. I welcome any advice or opinions you guys have, because I am not even sure what questions to ask… Thanks!