Colorado (Health Officials) wants to ban pot-laced brownies, candy

• Thread starter Thread starter Dwyer
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dwyer

Colorado health officials want to ban sales of marijuana-infused brownies, cookies and most candies . . .
The concerns aren’t unwarranted – the number of children admitted this year to Colorado’s largest pediatric emergency department after accidentally eating marijuana is on pace to more than double last year’s total, according to a report earlier this year in the Denver Post.
The Denver Police Department also recently released a YouTube video warning parents of **danger posed by pot candies this Halloween. **In the video, the owner of a local marijuana dispensary says edibles make up between 20% and 30% of his gross sales.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/consumer/colorado-health-officials-want-to-ban-marijuanalaced-brownies-and-candy/29255428

I must be getting old and crotchety, because every year bans bug me more and more.

Anyone who has access to bud can make edibles themselves. And since hash oil is sold in Colorado, it’s even easier there because you don’t have to extract the oil yourself.

Kids aren’t getting edibles from dispensaries, they’re getting them from negligent parents and older siblings. Banning edibles will not keep people from having them or children from getting into them. All this ban would do is take money from businesses and annoy consumers.

I must be getting old and crotchety, because every year bans bug me more and more.

Anyone who has access to bud can make edibles themselves. And since hash oil is sold in Colorado, it’s even easier there because you don’t have to extract the oil yourself.

Kids aren’t getting edibles from dispensaries, they’re getting them from negligent parents and older siblings. Banning edibles will not keep people from having them or children from getting into them. All this ban would do is take money from businesses and annoy consumers.
👍

Spot on! The drug and the vector aren’t the problem. It’s negligent adult users that is the problem.

Let’s discuss all of the kids who have gotten into their parents liquor stash or gulped down a parents mixed drink before they realized it tasted funny. Same thing and yet we aren’t seeing people wanting to go back to Prohibition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back