My background in Catholic studies has been my own study, but my background prior to becoming Catholic was a Protestant Bible institute for pastorial ministries. I converted to the Catholic Church five years ago after a couple of years of loving it from the outside. I am a zealous studier and researcher of the Faith.
As for the resources I use for this commentary I am working on, I am using the Early Church Fathers and Doctors of the Church, consulting the Catechism, modern commentaries, etc etc. The interpretations of this commentary is not based upon my opinions, nor is it my private interpretation. I am not an original thinker. I sift through the best commentaries of Galatians in my opinion, which are the Fathers of the Church, other medieval commentaries as well as modern commentaries, and I try to bring a concise but informative explanation to each passage, based upon correct doctrine guided by the Catechism of the Catholic Church. All my commentaries that I have written are done in this manner. I have also put together commentaries on the Bible that are nothing but direct quotes from the Church Fathers, which are called catenas.
I should have explained that in this thread ahead of time. I am a traditionalist when it comes to Biblical exegesis.