Communion denied to pro-Abortion Politicians

• Thread starter Thread starter Maranatha
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Maranatha

Lisbon, Mar. 09 (CNA/CWNews.com) - A Franciscan priest in Portugal has caused a stir in the national media for his refusal to give Communion to public officials who claim to be Catholic but support abortion and other attacks on human life. Father Nuno Serras Pereira responded to the media uproar with a letter published in a Lisbon newspaper in which he argued that his decision was based on the magisterial teaching of the Church and on canon law, which says that priests, in fidelity to the norms of the Church, are not allowed to give Holy Communion “to those Catholics who stubbornly and manifestly persist in defending, contributing to, or promoting the death of innocent human beings.”

cwnews.com/news/viewstory.cfm?recnum=35761

Hmmm, didn’t Sister Lucia say that the Faith would not be lost in Portugal?

40.png
Richardols:
One robin Spring doth not make.
But hope springs eternal…

Tantum ergo:
That’s exactly my first thought when I read this thread.

Tantum ergo:
Well, it looks to me like this priest is protecting it and preventing it from being lost.

:clapping: :bounce: :dancing: :bowdown:

YeeeeHah!!!
A Catholic priest with (dare I say it?)…Guts!!! 😉

But other priests are criticizing, in my country a priest refuse to give the comunion to a confess homosexual too and this person have put a denounce because for him, taking communion IS A RIGHT! :confused:

what does “confess” here mean? does he go to confession for being a gay or he publicly says that he’s that and still enjoying continue sinning?

if he belongs to the later, then there’s nothing wrong denying him communion. because he’s taking the eucharist unworthily

40.png
abcdefg:
what does “confess” here mean? does he go to confession for being a gay or he publicly says that he’s that and still enjoying continue sinning?

if he belongs to the later, then there’s nothing wrong denying him communion. because he’s taking the eucharist unworthily
Well, when I say confess, I want to say cradle homosexual, he was the first homosexual in the registry of fact couples( my first language is spanish, I have to remember, I don´t know to express correctly forever)

40.png
Franze:
my first language is spanish, I have to remember, I don´t know to express correctly forever
never mind. my first language is chinese. even if you express correctly I may not understand it correctly.😉

My first language is English, and I think both of you are expressing the language quite well! Franz, if I am correct, you are using “confess” in the sense that a person “confesses” a belief, such as “Every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.” Of course, your example is “confessing” something quite different.

-Illini

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back