Communion Question, Please Help :)

  • Thread starter Thread starter FishHookOpenEye
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

FishHookOpenEye

Guest
I am a little scrupulous and several days ago, I thought I had committed a mortal sin. I refrained from receiving Communion on Friday, but since then I have had doubts about the sin’s gravity. They were spontaneous and I don’t think I was looking for reasons to doubt, but I don’t want to make excuses for myself. I made the best act of contrition I could after I committed the sin. I know that I cannot receive Communion in a state of mortal sin without going to Confession first. The question is should I receive Communion at Mass tomorrow with these doubts? The last thing I want to do is receive Jesus sacreligiously. I need some advice. Thanks for your help.
 
Do you have a regular confessor who knows about your scrupulosity? What does he advise you to do in situations like this?

You should be under the spiritual care of ONE priest-confessor who knows you well. We as members of an online forum should not be second-guessing his advice.
 
Do you have a regular confessor who knows about your scrupulosity? What does he advise you to do in situations like this?

You should be under the spiritual care of ONE priest-confessor who knows you well. We as members of an online forum should not be second-guessing his advice.
My situation does not allow me to have one confessor, though I’m starting to pray for this to change. I’m a college student without a car and one confessor would mean going several months without the sacrament. The closest advice I’ve gotten on this situation is to approach Communion unless I’m sure it was a mortal sin. The problem is I was (maybe not 100%) sure, but now I’m having honest doubts. I’m sorry if that makes no sense.
 
My situation does not allow me to have one confessor, though I’m starting to pray for this to change. I’m a college student without a car and one confessor would mean going several months without the sacrament. The closest advice I’ve gotten on this situation is to approach Communion unless I’m sure it was a mortal sin. The problem is I was (maybe not 100%) sure, but now I’m having honest doubts. I’m sorry if that makes no sense.
Good advice!
If it’s a mortal sin, you will be SURE that it’s mortal.
Ten Commandments for the Scrupulous 9 & 10 helped me enormously.
God bless! 🙂
Ljubim
 
Thank you for your advice. I will do my best to overcome my fear and approach Communion tomorrow.
Receiving the Body of Christ is SO important and wonderful:heaven:… I’d pray to Saint Benedict and get his medal (blessed); this might not just be you, it could be the devil trying to badly influence you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top