D
Daniel3D
Guest
I seem to recall that a 20th century pope gave a statement (encyclical?) forbidding Catholics to cooperate with communism. It might be Pius XII I’m thinking of, though I’m not sure. Anyone know about this?
Hi VerbumHi Verbum,
Thanks for the reference.
Verbum
Marx saw people’s moral views as a reflection of economic class interest. To a very large extent he actually agreed with Jesus, without knowing it. The Church can be corrupted by social interests.communists do not believe in God and pretty much against religions and those believe in God.
One should live in a communist country to actually see how much religious freedom one has.
You should read Michael Wurnbrand’s “Christ or the Red Flag”? Communism goes hand in hand with Atheism. A large amount of Marxists reject all forms of religion. In this way they turn communism into a religion of atheism. I went to socialist party meetings earlier this year to see if my faith and my political beliefs clashed. I found out that the so called “left wing freedom fighters” also fight for the oppression of the religious. I came to the opinion that Socialism as it was termed by Marx is hypocritical in that it allows the fostering of anti-religious hate while purporting to be freedom from oppression. The Socialism I wanted to be apart of was a socialism of a different order.Marx saw people’s moral views as a reflection of economic class interest. To a very large extent he actually agreed with Jesus, without knowing it. The Church can be corrupted by social interests.
The problem was that the Communists’ answer was to invent “Revolutionary morality” and then claim that everyone either supported their program wholeheartedly, or was an enemy to it. Whilst the church can accept that industry should be directed by the state, she cannot exclude those who disbeleive in central planning as a tool of economic policy. Also, she could not remain silent on the Communist atrocities.