Complete, free video of OF Mass?

  • Thread starter Thread starter muffinmojo
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

muffinmojo

Guest
I have a friend who wants to learn about the Mass and the various parts of it, so I’ve been trying to find a complete, sunday Mass, in the Ordinary Form, that ISN’T some form of liturigical abuse or sacrilege(all the OF videos on youtube are clown Masses or something) so that we can go through it and talk about it. Does anyone know where I can find one? Preferably if it is more on the traditional side in terms of music and language, because that is what my friend is used to and it will help make it more like what she can actually experience here, but anything is okay. I’ve been looking all over and can only find homilies and short clips from Papal Masses… =

Thanks in advance for any links anyone can provide =)
 
Is there a way to download one of their daily Masses, or would it have to be on the streaming video?
 
I have a friend who wants to learn about the Mass and the various parts of it, so I’ve been trying to find a complete, sunday Mass, in the Ordinary Form, that ISN’T some form of liturigical abuse or sacrilege(all the OF videos on youtube are clown Masses or something) so that we can go through it and talk about it. Does anyone know where I can find one? Preferably if it is more on the traditional side in terms of music and language, because that is what my friend is used to and it will help make it more like what she can actually experience here, but anything is okay. I’ve been looking all over and can only find homilies and short clips from Papal Masses… =

Thanks in advance for any links anyone can provide =)
One possibility is the The Catholic Mass…Revealed! They sell a DVD that goes through the different parts of the Mass. It is not actually a complete Mass but parts of many Masses.

Even thought they sell it a good deal of it is available for preview online. Go here, click on The DVD, and the video will start playing. You can choose different parts of the Mass at the bottom. I don’t believe it is downloadable - you must watch it online unless you want to buy the DVD (which I will say is well worth the price).

If you do find a good downloadable Mass video then you may want to supplement it with this.

James
 
Full Masses on YouTube:

I believe this is a typical Novus Ordo Mass:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZGcoQbCopuE

This is a traditional Latin Mass (SO much more beautiful):

Maronite Mass:

youtube.com/watch?v=TdrEsc8IPYY&feature=related

Traditional Catholic Mass:

youtube.com/watch?v=enWiFcsBqIE&feature=related

The Maronite and Traditional Latin Masses are so much more beautiful then the Protestantized Novus Ordo mass. I swear if I was a Protestant I’d feel quite comfortable in that service :rolleyes:
Of course, one can never discuss the NO Mass without someone “sharing” how “superior” the EF/TLM is…:rolleyes: Nevermind the fact that it is a violation of forum rules to denigrate a form of Mass.
 
Hey folks, without me cruising over to the Eastern Catholic forum, anyone have handy links to an Eastern Catholic rite? I would like to show it to my confirmation class this year (actually, I would love to take them to an EC church but the logistics never work out).

Thanks in advance for any help.
 
Maronite Mass:
Not to nitpick, but technically, the Maronite Mass is more properly known as the Holy Qorbono, or the Divine Liturgy. “Mass” is a Western church term. (Such things matter when you are searching for them on search engines.)
 
[Edited]

Thank you to all who responded, I’m sure at least one link will be useful! Can’t check them now, my iPod touch doesn’t have flashplayer:shrug:
 
Catholic TV (daily mass) and Notre Dame (Sunday Mass) are both avaliable free from iTunes. Catholic TV allows you to watch their mass on their website: catholictv.org

I am not sure if the mass from Notre Dame is avaliable awaywhere else. I prefer Catholic TV mass verses Notre Dame. Smaller crowed and are able to get a better feel for the mass and parts.
 
Thank you, tnskyhawk! That’s EXACTLY what I was looking for- the way Mass is done is very much like our parish, and it will help tremendously. 👍
 
Muffinmojo, why doesn’t your friend watch the “Daily Mass” on EWTN.

The live Mass is at 8:00 a.m. but replays are at Noon, 7:00 p.m. and Midnight.

The Mass on EWTN is beautiful and every day it is a different Priest who celebrates. Generally, it is a Priest well known to all regular viewers of EWTN; they are probably there to film a show. Today, we had five (5) visiting Priests co-celebrating. One from England and one from Jamaica and two who had accompanied Pilgrams. It was wonderful.

Because of the camera position one can see every move of the Priest and servers. I have learned a lot just by watching this Daily Mass.:highprayer: :harp:
 
Neither of us have cable, so no EWTN 😦
Also, my friend’s family is very anti-Catholic, so having it be downloadable is a huge plus(can watch it anywhere on an iPod). Thanks for your suggestion, though!🙂
 
EWTN does have their Mass homilies downable as podcasts from iTunes. I believe it is only the audio portion avaliable. They also have other programs from EWTN available from iTunes. Don’t know if the other programs are audio or video.
 
Neither of us have cable, so no EWTN 😦
Also, my friend’s family is very anti-Catholic, so having it be downloadable is a huge plus(can watch it anywhere on an iPod). Thanks for your suggestion, though!🙂
If you send me a link, I can download it right from YouTube and convert it to an MP4 fo you.

I’ll just upload it to a free service and you can get it from there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top