Concerns about Intimacy

  • Thread starter Thread starter 19rebecca84
  • Start date Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
On a bit of a more positive note, you might want to look to role models like LilyElain. While she has flaws (from Pittsburgh, likes sweet wines), she seems to be living and enjoying her single Catholic lifestyle and can probably end up in a very happy marriage some day. I just don’t see you being that happy, married or not, with your current outlook on life.
😊 Well thanks NAN~ and as to my flaws…:rolleyes: hahaha…Pittsburgh is close my family and it presented a good opportunity for me to meet new people. And not liking sweet wines…:eek: goodness!~ 😃
 
😊 Well thanks NAN~ and as to my flaws…:rolleyes: hahaha…Pittsburgh is close my family and it presented a good opportunity for me to meet new people. And not liking sweet wines…:eek: goodness!~ 😃
It’s okay Lily. I’m a fan of sweet wines…really don’t like the other ones to be honest. I got your back! Those other guys just don’t know what they are missing!😃
 
😊 Well thanks NAN~ and as to my flaws…:rolleyes: hahaha…Pittsburgh is close my family and it presented a good opportunity for me to meet new people. And not liking sweet wines…:eek: goodness!~ 😃
Well my girlfriend went to college in Pittsburgh (Duquesne), so I had to take a shot at that. And I forgive her for being a Steelers fan. Have fun watching the Ravens in the playoffs. 🙂
 
Does anyone else find it odd that he would turn down jobs to be with her?

I got a bit confused after reading that you both lost your jobs, but then you said your employer pays for your housing.

I also strongly suggest the two of you stop living together and get to know each other as FRIENDS.
 
Does anyone else find it odd that he would turn down jobs to be with her?

I got a bit confused after reading that you both lost your jobs, but then you said your employer pays for your housing.

I also strongly suggest the two of you stop living together and get to know each other as FRIENDS.
None of my business, but it strikes me as somewhat immature. As a single man who may be thinking of marriage in the future, he needs to start and advance his career, so as to be able to provide for a (future) wife and family.
 
I think you need to talk to him more and bring up your concerns. It is great that he is wanting to recommit himself to wait until marriage - really really great. My boyfriend and I are abstaining from pre-marital sex and we have to be really careful not to sleep in same bed and in general not let things go too far. I guess I don’t know what would happen if we were to sleep in same bed, but I can’t imagine sleeping w him and not wanting to do more than kiss. Maybe he has just gotten used to it though? Sometimes you have to trust your gut - what does your gut say?
 
To the OP:
It doesn’t have anything with seeing you without makeup or in a bad hair day, it has to do only with the obstacles in his head and the quality of your communication. Maybe he got scared to plunge in a marriage so quickly (men can be very immature at 27) and that’s why he mentioned his 30th anniversary; maybe he tries to conciliate in his mind what he was taught at home and his wish to be with you, or maybe he has really a very low sex drive. Either way, it’s unhealthy to live together, because mental blockages develop, he will bury any trace of desire towards you and you will lose your self-esteem (to ask your girlfriend to wait 3 years until you will be 30 is insulting per se!). I totally second what etc2000 and Dameedna said on page 3. Try to talk to him, explain your position and find out what he has in mind, then move out, or ask him to move out. In any case, if he asks you to continue to live together, hoping that after 3 years your marriage will change everything, he’s deeply wrong, and I hope you won’t believe this either, because it’s an illusion.
 
Does anyone else find it odd that he would turn down jobs to be with her?

I got a bit confused after reading that you both lost your jobs, but then you said your employer pays for your housing.

I also strongly suggest the two of you stop living together and get to know each other as FRIENDS.
I dont find it odd not at all love is a strange thing my friend. However, i find it odd that you would talk about the girl like she wasnt here or this wasent her thread??? I.E “Does anyone else find it odd that he would turn down jobs to be with her”? Is this girl being talked about like she is some sort of unknown alien?? Just because she isnt religious? Or is it my imagination? I hope that you both work things out dear and that you both listen to your hearts. Help your man follow his faith go with him to church learn listen to gods word and you will find more love than you ever imagined in gods house. Good luck to you both i will pray that things work out for the best for both of you. God Bless. x
 
Well my girlfriend went to college in Pittsburgh (Duquesne), so I had to take a shot at that. And I forgive her for being a Steelers fan. Have fun watching the Ravens in the playoffs. 🙂
I deplore the Steelers!! and I really do not watch many sports to begin with…🙂 I am in the WRONG city then, aren’t I? 😃
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top